Family affair part two

Sky

Sky sat with his head on P'Pai's shoulder as they watched the series Rain had recommended them. Sky didn't share Rain's passion for these series but this one was pretty good. Extremely romantic for a mafia themed movie.

"Sky, mom and dad want you to come to our house for the weekend. We can go Saturday morning and they said Sunday they were going to have a small party just us six, also Phayu and Rain if they can come."

"Sounds fun, I will call Rain and see if they can make it." Sky said.

"I will keep Plerng and Phan from pestering you too much." P'Pai promised.

"P'Pai they don't bother me. I like Plerng and Phan." Sky protested.

Since Sky, Plerng and Phan were so close in age (Plerng was a year older than Sky and Phan was a few months younger than Sky) they had all mutually agreed to dispense with honorifics.

"Well they bother me," P'Pai grumbled.

Prapai

"Sky, Sky, Sky." Phan pounced on Sky and hugged him as soon as he got out of the car.

Pai rolled his eyes, they had just arrived a his family's home and it was starting already. His family was trying to steal his boyfriend. It was like this every time Sky was around Pai's family.

"Enough, Phan let him go." Pai said, trying to separate Phan and Sky, but Phan just clung tighter.

"No, my Sky." She said sticking her tongue out at Pai and dragging Sky into the house.

Pai sighed and grabbed Sky's bag off the back seat. He suddenly wished for the privacy of Sky's dorm. It was small but at least there was no one there to kidnap Sky. Here he had to compete with his parents and siblings for Sky's attention. Even the family labador, Pooka, wouldn't leave Sky alone when they visited. Constantly bringing his toys and laying them in Sky's lap wanting Sky to play fetch with him.

Pai moved inside and saw, as he predicted, his entire family were gathered around Sky, dog included.

"I will just take my boyfriend's (emphasizing the two words) bag upstairs." Pai said sighing

His mother only gave a little wave as he were a servant and said, "Sure son."

As he came back down he heard Plerng begging Sky to go to the mall with the family that afternoon. "Please." Phan added her own "Please."

"Maybe Sky and I have plans today." They didn't but they might have had.

"You get Sky all the time, it's our turn with Sky." Plerng said.

"Yeah stop being so selfish," Phan added.

"We can go have dinner there as well." Pai's mother added.

So of course Sky went with the family to the mall, they even allowed Pai to tag along as an afterthought.

Sky

Sky tried hard not to laugh at his boyfriend's pouty expression as Plerng and Phan dragged Sky from one shop to another around the mall.

Sometimes he felt a little like a toy being argued over by a group of preschoolers when he went to P'Pai's house, but he didn't really mind.

Sky actually enjoyed the chaos of the siblings. Sky didn't have any brothers or sisters. Rain was the closest thing but now  Rain spent so much time with P'Phayu. P'Pai's parents doted on him as well. Sky barely talked to his own mother since she had moved abroad they got along but he was lucky to get a call on his birthday. He was close to his father but they had lived apart for almost four years now. P'Pai's family had adopted Sky like he was one of their own.

He would just have to make it up to P'Pai later. He had a few ideas of how to do that.

At dinner the siblings argued who Sky should sit next to. P'Pai won that argument by pulling Sky into his lap, much to Sky's embarrassment. Sky wiggled out of his grip and took the seat next to him. It was probably time to let P'Pai have his way a little bit.

Rain and P'Phayu had agreed to come over the next day for the small outdoor party and swimming. Rain, Plerng and Phan were practically three of a kind all bubbling energy and friendliness so they always got along well. They roped Sky into playing games in the pool and even one impromptu game of tag. Pooka raced around every ones legs excited by the fun and the laughter.

Prapai

Pai watched the four playing with Phayu standing at his side. He had an idea that Sky, who grew up as an only child and had lived on his own since he was 15, hadn't been able to play like this much as a child. He felt that at times his boyfriend was too serious. In his opinion everyone needed to play sometimes.

Pai always complained about his family stealing Sky away but at the same time he enjoyed bringing Sky here for times like this.

"You look happy." Phayu said

"I could say the same. How can I not be with such a cute scene in front of me." Sky was threatening to push Rain into the pool because Rain had said something that had Sky blushing bright red. Plerng and Phan were laughing so hard they were almost doubled over. Pooka barked excitedly at this new game.

Phayu walked over to where they were playing and pretended to rescue his boyfriend only to dump Rain into the pool himself. "P'Phayu!" Rain came up sputtering and complaining.

Pai decided to join the group at play as well, picking Sky up and threatening to toss him in the pool as well. While Shy squealed and kicked his feet.

Sky

Sky looked around the exhausted group. Rain was leaning back against Phayu, Phan was sleeping with her head in her mother's lap. Plerng and Pai were in a deep discussion with their father about school and the family business.

Sky suddenly realized that all these people, including Rain and P'Phayu were his family. He had gone from an only child to having 3 brothers, one sister, an adoptive set of parents and a boyfriend he loved. The thought made his heart swell.

———————————————————————————

Notes:

Extra fluffy fluffiness for anyone who needs it.