The Gifts

Rain

Rain was helping his dad clean out their garage when he came across a box with a hand held cassette recorder, a old Walkman player and several unused cassettes still in their wrappers.

"Pa, what's this?" He asked with a laugh. For someone who had grown up in the digital music age these seemed like 100 year old relics.

His father looked at the box with obvious nostalgia. "Well, when I was dating your mom, I used to record myself singing to her. She once told me she would listen when we couldn't be together and it would feel like I was there with her."

"You and Ma dated?" Rain asked in amazement.

"Watch it pup, I will have you know I swept your ma off her feet when we were freshmen in university. I won her with my charm and good looks." Rain still looked skeptical. The idea that his parents had once been his age was hard to process.

This gave Rain an idea though. "Pa, can I use these?"

"I don't see why not, they are just gathering dust now. Out of curiosity though what do you want them for?"

"I want to make a surprise for someone."

It had been almost a month since a certain handsome big bike brother had stopped to help him with his tire. Didn't that make it an anniversary? Besides he wanted to do something nice for P'Phayu. That was if these old relics actually still worked.

Sky

Sky was trying to concentrate on the assignment in front of him, he really was. The problem was he was distracted. He wasn't distracted by Rain who was going on and on about some cool surprise he was preparing for P'Phayu. Sky had learned a long time ago to tune Rain out or he would never get any work done. Rain even talked in his sleep, as Sky knew from when Rain would stay over to work on projects.

What had Sky distracted was a pair of pleading beautiful eyes and a sweet honeyed smile. He thought he had done the right thing by rejecting P'Prapai's advances, the senior probably spent hours practicing that look and his words in a mirror designed specifically to charm people, but it didn't mean Sky had zero regrets.

Enough, Sky, he told himself, concentrate on your work before you have no work to turn in.

Prapai

Pai couldn't get Sky out of his head. How cute he had been when he coldly told him to ask if he had a boyfriend in his next life. Pai had never known anyone to be so adorable while being rude.

Pai knew that his reputation as a player got around and to be honest it was well earned. He had always been shameless when it came to relationships. Pai had used his looks and charms to pretty much get whatever he wanted from the time he was old enough to know how.  It's not that Pai was spoiled, at heart he was kind and generous, it was only that he usually got what he really wanted without too much effort.

Now he knew he would have to work to win over Sky. He wondered if he could talk Phayu and Rain into helping. He could always bribe them with uninterrupted alone time from by Phayu's fan club.

Rain

"Why are you here?" P'Phayu sighed with annoyance when P'Pai sat down at the table across from them. They were at an isolated area of campus that P'Phayu had purposefully chosen so they wouldn't have to worry about interruptions. Or so they thought. "I was planning on spending my lunch with my darling."  Rain both blushed and grinned at being called P'Phayu's darling.

"Don't worry, I just have a quick request for Rain, then I will go."

"Yes?" Rain asked uncertainly, not sure what P'Pai would wanted from him of all people.