ᑦʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ

______________

______________

"The first time, I met Derek Hale, he saved my life. And you" he looked at me "he said we are brothers, it sounds crazy, but he was right. And we are brothers now, Eli"

That was the first time I met Scott McCall. We saved him from Chris Argent, ironic huh?
Derek always tried to protect him and me. I was the only one for him.
I somehow held back my tears, but my hands were shaking. Isaac noticed this and took my hand and planted a kiss on my head.
_______________

I went out to the front of the house to breathe, but Eli came out after me

"Hi" he says

"Hi"

"Can I talk to you?" look at me

"Of course" I looked at him

"I'm sorry for what happened and I want to say it's not your fault. Scott said you blame yourself"

"Eli"

"I'm serious. It's hard for me because he was my father, but it's even harder for you. You spent more time with him. It's the Nogitsune's fault. I just wanted to say it's not your fault and I want a good aunt-nephew boud"

I hug him without answering, he was taller than me in vain.

"I think it's a good start" he says

"Hope" Isaac comes out and I look at him "I think it would be better if we stayed here in Beacon Hill. We would also be closer to Eli. What do you think?"

"That's a great idea" I smiled at him

"Yeah, that would be really great" Eli says and walks inside

"Of course we wouldn't live here. A bit at the end of town, I think in a small house and..." he would have said, but I pulled him close and kissed him softly, which he immediately returned

"What I say, that's a great idea. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

"I can do this. But first I should ask for your hand in marriage"

"I wouldn't change my name. Let there be a few more Hales"

"You don't need it, darling" he take my hand "but let it all pass, all of it" he looked at the house

"Let's go in" I gesture towards the door.
_____________

A few days later we were at the animal clinic. I was just playing with a puppy when Scott came to me.

"Hey. I think it would be a good idea if Allison and I adopted Eli"

"Yeah, you two are amazing. But I think you should take care of two dogs" I point to Eli, who has a dog in his hand

"When he's ready. Eli!" goes to him.

"Hi" he says to Isaac

"I don't think we need a dog" he crouches down next to me

"Why a dog if I can come here every day, and I have you?" I ask jokingly

"Even so, we're moving further away..."

"Mhm" I kiss him

" Scott want to adopt Eli, but we can still help them"

"I know, now they have a future just like us"
______________

[A few years later]

"And was he brave?" Enid asked

"The bravest one like you" I looked at him

"Did you love him?"

"Always. Your uncle was a special person, you know"

"I know but..."

"We'll continue tomorrow, good night sweetheart" I kiss her forehead and go to my room.

"Did she fall asleep?" Isaac looks at me

"I had to tell her a story" I sit next to him in bed

"Usual?"

"If only she could have met him. They would have been a very good match"

"She's a Hale, you spat out. She already looks a lot like you. And she's a werewolf. Even her birthmark is like yours"

"And this is such a big problem?" I look at him laughing

"It will be good when she becomes a teenager. I was already afraid of myself"

"That wasn't nice" I turn to him

"I love you Hope Hale, you know that. And he love you too"

I just closed my eyes and said nothing. I will love my brother forever. But now I have to pay attention to my little girl, love her, teach her and take care of her, just like he does me.
  ᴬˡʷᵃʸˢ ᴬⁿᵈ ⸁ᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ