Chapter 14 - my mother was human

I stopped dreaming about Olivier, apparently that's the first phase of being rejected

For now, I didn't care, and the moment he stood before me I would slap him till he was crying from pain. 

I missed my baby boy, I needed his cuttles, his soft baby skin, his scent. I was awake, because since Théo was gone, I barely could sleep. Jean entered my room, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I called Pearl, Olivier and Théo arrived in Seattle."

"Are they bringing Théo back?" I asked.

"I don't think so. I'm sorry, I know how hard this is for you."

"When were you going to tell me that you were a werewolf?" I asked him.

"Never? I mean, we can't tell anyone besides or mate."

"But you knew I was pregnant from a wolf?"

"Yeah, I scented it when you opened the door when we came deliver the furniture."

I looked at him, he looked tired and pale "are you sick?"

"No. I will be fine." He tried to assure me.

"Camille is your mate uh?"

"Yeah" he sighed "how did you know?"

"It was a guess. What happened between you two?"

He sighed "We were always friends, and I really liked her. But since I didn't know if she was my mate or not, I never tried to take our friendship further. She started dating Alex, he really wasn't good for her. He was cheating on her, but she never believed me. The day I turned 18 years her scent became stronger towards me, and I knew then that she indeed was my mate. I tried to talk to her, but she refused to listen to me. We drifted apart, mostly because I distanced myself from her, I needed to protect myself. It hurt too much, every time he touched her. I felt it when they had sex..." He sighed. "It was horrible. The council gave me something to contain my wolf. The day Sarah was born was the most painful day in my life. I felt everything, but I never knew that Alex left her. Otherwise, I would have been there for her sooner."

I squeezed his hand while he whipped of his tears "I'm sorry Jean. When are you going to tell her?"

"Not yet, I'm going to ask her first on a date." He beamed at me.

"She really likes you, Jean. And Sarah adores you."

"I love them both."

"You are great with them. Everything will work out for you."

"How are you feeling Jen?"

"I miss Théo. I need him."

"I know Jen. Everything will be alright. Now, let's go, Alpha Vincent wants to meet you."

"Can I take a shower first?" I asked.

"Yes, let's go to my house."

*****