Changes In the Heart (Chapter 8)

~LUCY'S POV ; TIMESKIP: TWO YEARS LATER~

"My first key was Taurus' key."

"Okay, my turn. I promised Lector as a child that I would someday defeat Natsu."

I giggled. "And did you keep that promise?" Sting and I were telling trivia about each other in my apartment on the bed.

"Well, not quite yet. Your turn, Blondie."

"Okay. Someone's called me ugly once."

"Seriously?!"

I nodded. "Uh-huh."

"Hmm...Let's see...I actually tried to pass myself off as 'cute' once."

"Aww! Too bad I wasn't there to see it! Okay, okay, that's enough trivia sharing."

"But I want to know more about you!"

"We've been doing this for thirty minutes now, Stingy! I want to try something else. Hm...Let's ask each other questions!"

"Ooh, I've got a good one for you, Blondie! But first, close your eyes!"

"Eh?"

"Just close them!" I shut my eyes. "Okay, open them up." When I did, I saw a dazzling diamond ring in Sting's hand. The sunlight made it shine and look like a full moon. "My question is...Lucy Heartfilia, will you marry me?"

I breathed, "Sting. You're such an idiot! You ask me this question, even though you already know the answer!" I happily threw my arms around him.

Sting's face lit up. "So is that a yes?!"

"Are we both blonde?" I replied with a sweet smile.

"HELL YES!!!" Sting suddenly stood up and started acting all crazy happy. "YES!!!" I laughed as I watched him from my spot. I stood up and placed a kiss on his lips. We pulled apart and looked at each other passionately

Little did we know that Natsu had just entered through my window and witnessed the entire thing. "You're marrying him?!"

We gasped. I stammered, "N-Natsu! We...I-I..."

"Luce, why would you...?"

I took a deep breath and said in a firm voice, "Because I love him. Natsu, I've told you a million times. I love Sting!"

He turned to Sting and said angrily, "Hey! Eucliffe!"

Sting got into his face and snapped, "What?!"

Natsu's expression got softer and a tiny smile crept on his face. He said gently, "Take care of Lucy. She's...my best friend." 

He winked at me, and I smiled brightly. Sting smirked and nodded. Natsu squeezed my shoulder and jumped out of the window.

Sting said, "You know what, Blondie?"

I leaned on his chest. "What is it, Stingy?"

"Lucy Heartfilia is my fiance'."

I giggled. "Yes. Yes I am. Sting, when will the wedding be anyway?"

"I'm thinking next month."

I gasped. "July! My birth month!"

"Yep. Well, when do you want to have it?"

"Um, I dunno...Maybe around July 5."

"That's a llittle over than a month from now, right? I think we'll have enough time to plan it all out. To start, what should be the color theme?"

"Well, certainly not pink." I said, thinking about what the males will say. "The men will leave early."

"Tell me about it. What else, Blondie?"

"Mm...I was thinking baby blue."

"Okay, that's a good choice...But let's go farther to the future. Baby names!"

I flushed a deep shade of crimson. "S-Sting! It's too early to think about babies!"

"No, it's not. What's the name if it's a boy?"

I sighed in defeat, knowing that he wouldn't give in anytime soon. "Mm...Haru?"

"Not bad. What does it mean?"

"I think it means 'sunlight'.I want to think of more baby boy names..."

"Hmm...Hiro?"

"Eh? Hiro? Where'd you get that?"

"I dunno, I just thought it sounded like 'hero'."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, moving on. Girl's name. This time, I don't want it to sound so...Japan. I want a slightly American name."

"Uhh...Like what?"

"Like...um...Like Celyn! So when you pronounce it in Japanese, it sounds like Sherinu."

"Hmm...Celyn...I like that. Good choice, Blondie. My turn. Uh...I don't know, maybe Layla?"

I froze. "...Sting..Layla...Layla is my mother's name..."

Sting clamped his hand over his mouth, realizing his mistake. "Crap! I'm so sorry, Blondie!"

I laughed heartily. "That's okay, Sting. But you still haven't thought of a name for the girl. Mine is Celyn, what's yours?"

"Uh...Let's see here..." Sting said, tapping his chin thoughtfully. "Megan?"

"Megan! I like Megan! Good choice, Stingy! Oh great, now I can't choose between Celyn or Megan."

Sting chuckled. "Then stop thinking about it for a while. Think about what's important first."

"Oh, is that right? What's important, then?"

Sting spun me around, his chest to my back and his arms snaked around my waist. He whispered sweetly into my ear, "Us."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, guys...So I'm going to end the story here. Sorry. :P But the good news is I've finished the sequel. It's called "My Love for You". Read it if you want to find out what happens to Sting and Lucy's life as parents. ^^ Thanks to all my readers, I love you all! <3 ~Lily