Changes In the Heart (Chapter 7)

~STING'S POV~

The alarm went off. I lazily opened one eye and checked the time. 7AM. "Ugh...so stupidly early...!" I checked the other side of the bed to see if Lucy was still asleep. She had gotten up before me again, and understandably so. I heard her humming in the kitchen. It seemed she was cooking breakfast for the two of us. "Sting? Are you awake yet? Come in here, and we'll have breakfast.". After putting on my shirt, I did as I was told. When I came into the kitchen, I immediately smelled steak. "Is that steak?!" I asked excitedly.

She replied with a sweet smile, "Yep! I cooked it for you 'cause I know it's your favorite. Sit down, it'll be ready in a bit." I obediently did as I was told, hungry for steak. "Don't gobble it all up in one bite!" Lucy ordered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So, what are we doing today?"

"Erza said we're going to the beach later. You know, play some beach volleyball."

"You are going to lose."

"Dream on, Eucliffe. That's the exact same thing you said when I beat you in Tekken!" She set down the steaming plate of delicious steak before me as I licked my lips.

~LUCY'S POV~

Sting looked hungrier than a restrained hawk in a coop of crippled chickens. I giggled, then kissed him on the cheek and sat down on my chair. During our meal, Sting seemed to be staring at me.

As I swallowed a bite of hotdogs, I said, "Sting? Why are you staring at me?"

"...Huh? Oh, sorry. It's just, why do you wear clothes that are revealing? You know how I feel about that, especially when you're around other guys."

I looked down on my clothes. Baby pink cross-strap top, blue leather shorts, and striped flip-flops. "Shut up, Sting. I wear what I wear. And you're not 'other guys', you're my boyfriend!"

"And proud of it." He winked at me.

"Well, why wouldn't you be?" I replied sweetly.

"By the way, I like your hair. Did you do makeovers last night?"

"Oh, yeah! Thanks for noticing it. We got our nails done too." I raised both of my hands to show Sting my newly-painted nails.

He smiled in satisfaction. "It looks good on you, Blondie."

After breakfast, I told Sting to change into his swimwear. We were supposed to meet at the beach in thirty minutes. I pouted at him and said, "Turn around! I need to change!". Both of us blushed as Sting submissively turned around. I changed into my white bikini with the baby pink floral designs. "'Kay, you can turn around now." We both faced each other, but this time our faces didn't turn tomato red when we saw each other in swimwear. I guess we were already used to it. Before throwing on my bathrobe, I applied some sunblock. Then I made sure all my stuff was packed, and I hurriedly grabbed Sting's arm and we rushed to the beach. "Come on, Sting! They're waiting for us!" I nagged. When we arrived, it took me about seven seconds to ponder the sight before me. The radiant sun constantly emitted sweltering heat. The blue waves of the sea splashed against the shore, making it look all the more tempting. I sank my feet into the cool, white sand. Then, I spotted my friends. I waved over to them. "There they are! Come on, Stingy Bee!". "Don't call me that!" He snapped, annoyed. I giggled at the way he responded. "Hi, Erza! Mira, Gray, Rogue." My eyes landed on Natsu, and without looking him in the eye, I said coldly, "Natsu." I leaned over and whispered to Sting, "Hey, Sting, you mind spending time with me today? I know that, when Natsu gets the chance, he'll bug me until I talk to him. I don't want to talk to him or even face him. Please help me." I pouted, knowing that it was his weakness.