New maid servants needed

In a kingdom, somewhere in the world. The prince had long lived outside the kingdom and was to return in a week's  time, before then, they needed to change most of the palace maid servants because they had grown a bit elderly, they needed stronger and younger maidens to work in the palace

So therefore, it had been announced to everyone in the kingdom about the coming of the prince and the urgent need of maid workers. Workers in the palace were being paid monthly and they could visit their families once in every three months if they wanted to.

  A lot of girls were happy and started preparing because they've heard about how handsome the prince was and they wanted to attract him, including the poor and elite females, most of the girls from poor homes wanted to go work in the palace because it was an easier way to get to the prince since they had no connection with the elites.

   However, others, especially the wealthy  decided to be patient until the prince's arrival, maybe just maybe during his tours around the kingdom or during balls they could get his attention.

   Two days left before the prince's arrival and alot of girls from poor families had applied as workers in the palace already.

While in one of the villages in the kingdom, was a girl named Rebecca, she lived with her parents and younger brother. They were very poor, her father was a wood seller while her mother sold vegetables in the market, she always helped her mother while her brother assisted her dad.

   Since they heard about the announcement from the palace asking for new maid workers, her family had been trying to convince her to apply for it, because the pay was quite good and it could help them alot. It wasn't exactly enough to get them out of poverty but it was a fortune to them if they could get it. Rebecca however was very reluctant because the palace was three villages away from them, same reason she had been refusing all her suitors.

Worse thing was she would only have once in three months to see her family. Her parents convinced her saying she could gain the likeness of the head workers and get promoted, she could even get the attention of one of the high staffs in the palace to marry her, but that didn't change Rebecca's mind.

   However after much consideration, she decided to go, she packed her clothes, her favorite books and other things she regarded as important to her and headed for the palace.

  One day to the prince's arrival . Rebecca got to the palace in the evening and the head of the maids almost didn't accept her saying the prince would be back the next day and she only just came today, was she not willing to work here?

" You better be of good behavior here, because little mistakes lead to serious punishments, once you start working here, you become the royal family's property" the head of maid workers which was a female yelled. Rebecca was accepted afterwards and sent to go meet the other maids who had been here days before her .
.........

The next morning which was the day the prince would arrive,  the female head of staff whose name was Mrs Gloria came into a large hall along with a man who looked in his for-ty's, he was the palace butler , he's name was Mr Eliot, they both stood facing the new maids who were up to thirty or more in number and began lecturing them on what to do, how to behave in the palace from hence forth, who to meet, their schedules, what is expected of them and so on.

After that, they also lectured them on how the prince should be welcomed, how the palace should be arranged before the prince's arrival which would be any hour from now.

  " Benita, Rebecca and Lilly, go to the prince's room and make sure all the arrangements are still in place and there's not a single dust in there, hurry" Mr Eliot instructed and off, the three girls went, the lecture continued as they instructed each and everyone on what to do.

_______________________________
Hi there, I know this chapter isn't that long but don't worry that would be solved as the story goes on. Let me know if y'all want them short or long. Also, don't forget to leave comments and vote to encourage me to continue.
( I'm not the best with English)   I might make some mistakes.