Feeling abandoned

Rebecca walked back to Alexander's side and stood looking at the ground. All the servants who went out stood by the door to spy as they had seen he asked Rebecca to stay behind. " Go lock the door" Alexander said, he didn't want anyone eavesdropping on his conversation with her.

The door was a bit far away, Rebecca walked to it, she saw the other servants outside and slowly closed the door before walking back to Alexander. " Sit" he ordered.
" Your majesty, I'm not supposed to sit when....." Rebecca tried to protest.

"Why do you always argue with me?"Alexander asked now looking at her. "I'm sorry. your majesty" she said and "Sit" he repeated then pulled out the chair that was by his side, Rebecca slowly sat on it looking at her hands that were now resting on her laps.

" Hungry?" Alexander asked and Rebecca shook her head in a No.              "Mhmm"Alexander nodded, he raised his eyes to look at her. " Feed me" he said, she paused, she didn't want to argue with him, she used her hand in picking up the grapes from his plate and stretched her hand towards his mouth.
   Alexander leaned closer taking the grape in his mouth while starring straight into her eyes. Rebecca took her hand back and picked more grapes from the plate .

Alexander suddenly pulled her chair closer to himself. She blinked but didn't want to complain,she stretched her hand towards his mouth. Alexander slowly opened his mouth, Rebecca opened her mouth as well in reflect as she demonstrated along with Alexander. He took the fruit in his mouth along with Rebecca's fingers, he licked her fingers and even sucked on them for a bit.

Rebecca's body became tense, she gulped and slowly retracted her hand, she was now avoiding his eyes.

" Becca" Alexander called softly, she looked at him " Will you be my queen?" Alexander's asked going straight to the point. Rebecca starred at him not knowing what to say, was he serious? was he playing with her? she was overwhelmed " Your highness" Rebecca muttered

" I like you, Becca" he continued, he took her hand in his feeling the wetness of of her fingers due to his sucking and licking and the juice of the fruits, he took her hand to his mouth licking everything off. Rebecca just sat there starring at him, her mind was everywhere, thinking about the possibility of what he was saying, but she felt tingles allover her fingers and it ran down the entirety of her body, she tried withdrawing her hand but Alexander held it firmly " Becca, I need you,I love you" he confessed.

Rebecca was supposed to be  happy, but instead she felt scared, she didn't understand how what he was saying could be true, like. She was a maid and him? A king, how could he like her? "Umm" Rebecca was going to speak but was interrupted by Alexander " Be my queen. Becca" He said. Rebecca was watching him to see any hint of lies, maybe, but there was none. " You can think about it" Alexander said leaving no room for further conversation, he let go of her hand.

Rebecca started feeding him again but it was awkwardly silent all through, when he was done , she finally left.
........
......

Rebecca wanted to tell someone about what Alexander said to her but she had no one to tell, she didn't trust anyone, she wished she had a best friend or someone close. She laid on her bed thinking about everything that had happened since she became a maid here in the palace,

Alexander's asking her to be his queen sounded too good to be true, she was a village girl, then became a maid in the palace, then king Alexander's personal maid, he started showing interest in her and now he's asking her to be his queen, wait! what does that even mean? was he asking her to marry him? to he his wife?.

Nahhhhhh, she was probably imagining things. Two days flew by, she barely met Alexander, he wasn't showing interest in her like she used to, he became very busy , leaving the castle very early in the morning and coming back very late.

She felt sad, how could he tell her he loved her and suddenly started acting like this. She missed him, she felt abandoned, maybe she actually imagined things. She tried not thinking about him and not feeling sad but she couldn't.

......    ........ ....

It was night and Rebecca was unable to hold back her feelings. She sat alone in the balcony wishing he'd come to her but he didn't. She fell asleep right there that night and woke up the next morning in the maid quarters and on her bed.

Rebecca was surprised, who brought her here? she couldn't remember anything except falling asleep in the balcony, and now she was finding herself in the maids quarters? she sat up clutching unto the blanket, no one else was in the room. She climbed down the bed and walked out of the room

She found Lilly who was talking to Julius, they both looked at her at same time " Good morning" Rebecca stammered. " It's past morning already,how are you doing now Rebecca?" July asked showing her a bright smile. ' Could it be Julius who brought her here?' she thought and gave him a smile " I'm okay" she said.

Julius nodded, " His majesty would be most glad to hear that" he said before turning on his heels and off he went. Rebecca looked at Lilly and Lilly smiled.

" Tell me Rebecca, what's going on between you and king Alexander?" Lilly asked almost whispering. " Nothing" was all Rebecca said and then received a light slap on the shoulder from Lilly and a frowm. " Stop lying Rebecca, you needed to see how he carried you in his arms last night"

Rebecca's eyes widened on hearing that, curious to know what happened " What happened?" she asked when she noticed Lilly did not intend to say everything. " He carried you like a bride, so much love in his eyes as he gazed upon you" Lilly said hugging herself as she said it dreamily,
" Oh I wish I was the one" She sang. Rebecca could not believe what she was hearing " Is that all?" Rebecca asked.

     Lilly looked at Rebecca with a deep frown " He personally laid you on your bed, telling every single one of us to watch after you and make sure you're okay" She said and folded her arms across her chest.

" So tell me Rebecca, since when did you get so close to the king?" Lilly asked raising an eyebrow waiting for an answer from Rebecca.

Rebecca felt happy within, Alexander had not abandoned her after all. She smiled unknowingly, she had to find him. She hurried away leaving Lilly who obviously was disappointed as she didn't get an answer from Rebecca.

__________________________
_________

Hey guys, I know I'm terrible. I just had to drop a chapter. I've been really busy with no time to myself, it took me days to even finish this chapter.

I hope you enjoy it. don't forget to
VOTE & COMMENT