Ama's Pearl Farm

Simah is still grasping for her breath when she arrived at exactly 9:00 in the morning at Ama. She walked towards the building and went directly to the Reception Area.

"Good Morning!!!" greeted Simah to the receptionist.

"Oh! Good Morning too!!! What can I do for you?" replied the smiling receptionist.

"I am Simah. It's my first day of work here."

"Oh, you're the new diver they are talking about... sit down for awhile, I will call your team leader."

"Okay, thank you Miss?" asked Simah.

"I forgot to introduced myself, I am Jocelyn by the way, you can call me Lyn for short."

"It was nice to meet you Miss Lyn, I hope to know you better these coming days."

"Of course, I will be glad to know you more as well, and by the way welcome to the family."

"Ama is not just a Pearl Farm Company, our staffs work here as a family, we help each other no matter what and stays loyal to the company for years."

"Like me, I've been here for 5 years now. I'm sure, you will enjoy working here."

"I'm glad to know that Miss Lyn and thank you for your warm welcome, I truly appreciate it."

A medium built, moreno man probably in his late 50's can be seen walking towards the reception area.

"Good morning, Mr. Hernando. I want to introduce to you the new diver, Miss Simah."

"Miss Simah, this is Mr. Hernando or Mr. Nando for short."

"Nice to meet you Sir Hernando, I am Simah."

"Hi, Simah, first of all let me greet you a pleasant morning. May this day be a good start for you in our growing family here in Ama," uttered Mr. Hernando.

""Come, let me tour you first in the different areas of our company. So, you will be familiar with how we work..."

"On your left, you can see 'The Hatchery'. This is the area wherein we grow and develop the oysters. As you can see oysters reproduce externally and can produce millions of young oysters called spats."

"Let's go inside this laboratory room. Here, Phytoplanktons are grown to feed the young oysters. It is important to choose the best nutritional supplement for the oysters. Hence, ten different varieties have been chosen."

"Follow me please and let's walk outside. Say hi to these men who are fixing the nets of oysters which are brought in and are then prepared to be pegged and nucleated. So, the role of us divers is to bring up these oysters from the sea."

"After that, they will be cleaned and pegged. Like what Mr. Crisanto is doing here, he is placing a wedge in the oyster to hold it open so they can be properly nucleated."

"On this side, the oysters are segregated, the one that are not gold lipped are discarded but their meat will be extracted and the shells will be cleaned and sold for decorative use such as chandeliers or wind chimes."

"Now, proceed in this area. On your  right, are the hardworking technicians. Meet one of them, Our Senior Technician – Mr. Angelo."

"As you can observe, the oysters from his table are then nucleated. The healthy gold lipped oysters' tissues are now cut from the oyster itself and then cut further into more or less 10 pieces. Hence, one oyster can be used to nucleate 10 oysters more."