•Chapter ten P2•

~Asylum Part two~

____________________________

Sam pushed the Asylum door open, it made a loud creaking noise as it went. He looked back at Dean who had the handle of August's carrier in one hand, and the EMF detector in the other. He also carried the duffel bag on his shoulder.

Sam turned on his flashlight, Dean turned on the EMF Detector, then they began walking through the halls.

"Getting readings?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, big-time." Dean said, looking down at August who had gotten her pacifier into her mouth.

"This place is orbing like crazy." Sam stated, holding the camera in his other hand.

"There's probably multiple spirits out and about." Dean stated.

"And if these unrecovered bodies are causing the haunting?" Sam said.

"We got to find them and burn them." Dean said. "Just be careful. The only thing that makes me more nervous than a pissed-off spirit is a pissed-off spirit of a psycho killer." He said.

They then started walking again, but stopped as they heard something walk behind them. When they turned, they of course, saw nothing.

August lightly whined, Dean lifted her carrier a little, bringing his hand down to her and gently stroking her arm with two fingers, still holding onto the EMF Detector.

They made their way into a bigger hallway. Sam went off into a side room, Dean stayed out in the hallway looking around.

All of a sudden, Dean heard Sam gasp loudly, then yell for him.

Dean ran in, set August's carrier down, along with the bag and started quickly rummaging through it.

"Shotgun!" Sam yelled.

"Sam, get down!" Dean yelled, rushing forwards with the gun.

Sam ducked and Dean shot the spirit of the woman in front of his brother. She vanished.

August immediately started whining, Dean hurried back to her. He got on his knees in front of her, his hand coming to her chest as he gently rocked the carrier.

"That was weird." Sam said.

"Yeah, you're telling me." Dean said, picking up his daughters carrier, then the duffel bag as August began calming down again.

"No, Dean, I mean, it was weird that she didn't attack me." He said, catching up with his brother.

"It looked pretty aggro from where I was standing." Dean said.

"She didn't hurt me. She didn't even try." Sam stated. "If she didn't want to hurt me, then what did she want?" He questioned.

The two men stopped walking as they heard whimpering coming from a room beside them. They looked in and saw a flipped over table, the sound coming from behind it.

Sam turned on the flashlight, Dean was quickly to pass the carrier so he could point his shotgun.

Sam held onto the handle of the baby carrier tightly, still pointing the flashlight as they headed towards the table.