14 | Is he caught ?

Refered song : Zindagi kuch toh bata

• Author

Kartik drived the car speedily moving inside a dark alley. He parked the car a little far from the house he wanted to go in. He came out of the car with a gun in his pocket and got inside the particular house that was on the alley.

He turned the door knob carefully and stepped inside taking careful steps. As he checked around the whole house he saw naira's pictures and some photoshopped pictures of them on the wall.

His blood boiled in anger as he clenched his fist with his veins popping up. He was sure that the bastard was not on the ground floor. He went upstairs and carefully checked the first room which was dirty enough to irritate Kartik.

He is a clean freak!

Shutting the door, Kartik hoped that he would find him in the other room but he wasn't there either.

Just then his phone rang showing peeyush's name. He picked up the call.

" Sir, he got to know that you were going to his place, so he left the place " kartik banged his hand on the wall as he cut the call.

" Ansh, you are going to pay for it. For everything you did to my naira and this time I won't let you escape "Kartik said, his voice held determination .

He was frustrated and at the same time worried for her. He was sure that he would not let ansh succeed in his plan this time but he was scared, scared that he might-

Removing the negative thoughts from his head he drove to the haveli as he switched on the phone and saw 15 missed calls from Akhilesh, veer and Aryan.

Veer said Aryan stood near the haveli's large gate waiting for their friend to arrive as they had to do the haldi ceremony. Meanwhile suhasini was tense as the 'muhurat' was going to get finished in 20 minutes.

Kartik arrived at the right time receiving some good scolding from his mother and dadi.

" Kittu, you should have left after the haldi rasam if you had work or you should have sent someone else if the work was that important"
Suhasini said, hitting kartik's arm slightly.

" Dadi, I'm here right now. We can start the ceremony. " Kartik tried to make her understand and Everyone started doing their work.

Kartik sat in the middle as everyone stood beside him. The youngsters were giving him evil looks which said " we will take our revenge today. " While he just glared at them and it surely didn't affect them much as the elders were there with them.

The haldi rasam started with suhasini applying haldi to kartik in his cheeks and then took her balayein. Swarna did the same as her eyes turned glossy, she was getting emotional that her son was getting married. Kartik held her palms and assured her.

Swarna nodded, kissing his forehead. The haldi rasam was continued by everyone with fun filled haldi fights and laughter.

Veer applied haldi on his cheeks saying " your wait is coming to an end" which was only audible to kartik.

Aryan took a handful of haldi and gave kartik a mischievous look saying " get ready" and attacked him with applying haldi all over him. Kartik also returned the favor by doing the same.

" You guys continue your haldi fighting with the fresh haldi and give us that bowl, we have to take it to the Singhania's" Surekha said and Mansi gave her the bowl of the used haldi.

" We're also coming " Luv kush ran behind their mother, swarna and suhasini.

" We're also going, you guys enjoy it," Keerti said and she along with Mansi and Subham left to the other side where the haldi ceremony of naira was going on leaving Kartik, Aryan and Veer along with Manish and akhilesh alone.

Naira was sitting on the swing-like seat which was decorated by yellow flowers with a sweet fragrance. Naira tapped her feet on the ground, getting tense about the fact that Ansh was still here and he could do anything at any time.

" Naira, your haldi arrived " Badi dadi said, pulling naira out of her thoughts.

Suhasini gave the bowl to Akshara and smiled, admiring naira. " No evil eye should catch you " Suhasini took the balayein but little did she know that naira was already trapped by an evil eye.

The Singhania's smiled as Goenka's applied haldi to naira. The ceremony continued with everyone applying haldi to naira with some dancing.

" You enjoyed your haldi " Vivian asked naira and she nodded smiling.

" I enjoyed it a lot, especially the haldi fight" Anvi laughed remembering how they threw haldi all over shubham making him look like a haldi man.

Vivian laughed and naira eventually joined them.

••••

••••

The day came to an end and Everyone was resting in their rooms because of tiredness as tomorrow they will be more tired.

Naira sat on the bed strumming her guitar while singing. Singing was her escapism. Whenever she's happy, sad, angry etc. She sings and now she is doing the same.

ek din mohabbat odhakar
ek din gali ke mod par
teri hatheli par likhun
mera naam tere naam par
phir tu takalluf chhodkar
phir tu jhukaakar ke nazar
rakhna mere kaandhe pe sar zindagi

kuch to bata zindagi
apna pata zindagi
kuch to bata zindagi
apna pata zindagi

She kept the guitar beside her and held her phone to call Kartik but remembered Akshara's words " Don't call Kartik and talk to him before marriage. You cannot even see him "

Naira sighed as she promised to Akshara that she would follow the instructions.

Kartik was busy on his laptop completing his project when his phone rang and the caller ID showed ' peeyush '.

He instantly picked the call and asked " is he caught? to which peeyush replied " Yes sir, we caught him ".

Kartik's forehead creased as he asked " where have you kept him ? "

" In the penthouse, basement"

" Good, and the police? "

" They are arriving in 1 hour, " Peeyush said.

" I will be arriving there in 15 minutes, " He said, clenching his jaw and cutting the call.

Kartik wore his black hoodie, he picked up his car keys before descending the stairs and leaving the haveli.

••••

Ansh's face reveal in next chapter?
Also do you think kartik knows about naira's unexpected meeting with ansh or is he still not aware of the thing. 🫣

I know the chapter is short but I'll be publishing another chapter if it gets completed till the evening. Till then take care 💕

Vote and comment.
Thank you 🌻