Chapter Five

"BUT HAGRID, WHATEVER FLUFFY IS guarding, Snape is trying to steal it," Harry stirred.

They all had been trying to convince Hagrid regarding Snape's involvement in the recent fiasco but he denied all the charges. Hagrid even made a comment regarding how the three headed dog belongs to him, the creatures name was fluffy and three Gryffindor agreed at the point that the name definitely didn't suit the enchanted beast.

Hagrid spoke up, "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher-" Hermione disagreed, "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one," Ophelia added, "Yes, I saw that too. Hagrid, I and Hermione have read all about them," she reacted, "We have, and as for the spell we have to keep eye contact-" "-and Snape wasn't blinking," the Slytherin finalized.

"Exactly," Harry supported.

Hagrid sighed, "Now listen to me, all four of you; you are trying to meddle in something you ought not to meddle in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" They all recited in unison, with a look of confusion.

It proved Ophelia's theory of Fluffy shielding something to be correct. The giant wizard out of his habit mumbled the chants of, 'I shouldn't have said that,' again and again. He left uttering those words, leaving those behind with more queries than they initially had.

"Nicholas Flamel, who is he?" Harry asked.

Hermione frowned, "I don't know."

♡♡♡♡♡♡

Ophelia excitedly gazed at her packed trunk; it was day for them to go home for Christmas break. She enunciates the spell to float her belongings behind her as she descended the steps of the girls' dormitory. She was already in the holiday spirit; she was person who used to cherish the festivities and light up the mood of each and every person in the room. The entire Hogwarts was decorated for Christmas and the outside of the castle was all covered in white snow. The entire place was chillier than ever.

"So, mud blood, all set to go back to your filthy muggle world," Parkinson crackled.

Most of the Slytherin in Ophelia's year was reclining in the common room together waiting for the right moment to leave. The group of pure blood Slytherin glanced at the muggle born with spiteful glares.

"Was I supposed to laugh at that, Parkinson, because it wasn't funny at all, so strive better next time?" Ophelia posed a fake smile.

"Oh! I will mudblood," Parkinson screeched.

She pointed the wand at the muggle born witch, about to fire an indefinite spell. Ophelia reached for her own wand to defend herself but she didn't need to use it. The blonde wizard stood between the two witches earning the pureblood witch to set her wand down.

"Stop it Parkinson, don't spoil the holiday mood and let her go back to that filthy muggle home where she belongs to let her go without any commotion just for today," he mumbled annoyed.

Draco turned around holding the blazing stares of furious witch who was glaring at the grey eyed wizard. He might have stopped the duel between the two witches but at the cost of Malone's anger. She was furious at them for demeaning her safe haven, for degrading the place that gave her sense of love and security when she didn't have anyone remaining in her life.

She was hurt by his words, but she tried to hide her emotion trying to keep her emotion at bay. The young Malfoy stood in front of the witch prepared to pronounce something, keeping a blank face.

"Now, you may leave Malone or else you might be late to go back to the muggle world." Malfoy smirked.

Ophelia flared with annoyance, "I don't need your approval Malfoy."