Chapter One

September, 1991

"LOOK, THERE IS AN EMPTY COMPARTMENT which we should reside in before somebody else does," A bushy-haired girl instructed leading the way.

Ophelia Evelyn Malone quietly followed her lead and settled down, staring out the window to get a fascinating view, still contemplating the fact of how fast things had taken a turn. One day they were enjoying their summer, and the next thing she knew, they received a letter stating their ties with magic, ruling them to her new school called Hogwarts for witchcraft and wizardry.

Indeed, it's uncertain.

The Brunette girl glanced at her frizzy-haired best friend whose hair was more ruffled than usual, her dark Bambi eyes contemplated that her best friend was reading the exact book she had been going over for a while. Hermione Granger as habituated had already read through most of her textbooks, being prepared for the upcoming classes and since then she has been giving the straight-haired witch, knowledge about Hogwarts and things they were about to learn.

While the two little witches were relishing the tranquil silence between them with slightly scholarly points thrown here and there. A timid voice interrupted it, "Uh... excuse me," Both the witches looked up to see a round-faced boy standing at the door of the compartment emerging timid as well as worried. The boy appeared quite out of place in the mere presence of the two little friends. "Umm...I am Neville Longbottom."

"Hi, I am Ophelia Malone," She introduced herself enthusiastically in hopes of making a new friend while the other witch ensued next. He shyly nodded mumbling an indistinct 'pleasure', his cheeks had turned positively rosier at the simple interaction.

He sighed, "Uh...by any chance, have you seen Trevor, my pet? It's a toad." The pals shared a look at the inquiry and shook their heads simultaneously. His face dropped," He was just here with me, and now it's not."

Hermione carefully placed her book inside her bag but not before marking the page she last read and stood up from her seat, "Don't worry, Neville, we will help you find it. Lia?" The more assured girl asked her friend for her opinion and she replied with a 'sure'.

Hermione ordered them to go their separate ways, as per her it was wiser and more convenient in that way. So, they, went through different paths and compartments, while Neville and Hermione chose to go to their left; Ophelia went to her right in search of the toad named, Trevor. After a lot of introductions and a little bit of talking, she still wasn't able to find the little creature. Some of them greeted her with smiles and some of them just scowled at her intrusion. She also met with a pair of amiable redhead twins who were clad in a robe colour similar to their hair, they only managed to confuse her more rather than help her and they even offered her sweets which Ophelia gladly accepted before separating ways.

She pocketed the candies given by the twins, continuing to persistently look for Trevor. Ophelia paced passing a few compartments, she felt weary but every time she thought of going back, an image of sad Neville appeared in her mind.

'Maybe I should check till the end of the row,' she thought. Deeming with sloppiness, the dark-eyed witch slammed into another magical being on the Express.

"Look where you are going," the person asserted harshly.

Ophelia frowned at the blunt rudeness of the boy in front of her.

"You should too," The witch spat somewhat more harshly than she intended it to be.

Ophelia noticed a blonde boy with a pale face and sharp features; he appeared to be around the same age as her. His hair was the most distinctive feature, it was the brightest shade of blonde the girl had ever seen, almost white, and seemed remarkably soft like snow. She couldn't help but think whether it felt so.