Sick Day

God, I feel like there a brick on my head. I've been getting ready bad headaches ever since I started studying for my finals. I'm taking four and they're all next week.

It was around three in the morning when I had woken up with a migraine, and a bad one too. I popped a painkiller before attempting to go back to sleep, only to be interrupted by the nausea that was forming. I rush out of the bed quietly in order to not watch up Kousuke or the pets. My stomach barely allows me to make it to the toilet before the medication I just took came back up. I knelt on the bathroom floor for about ten minutes, getting sick every few minutes to the point where I questioned how stuff was still coming out.

"Masahiro?" I heard the worried voice of my lover slip under the door.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright in there?"

"Yup, I'm fi-" before I could finish my lie my stomach ratted me out.

Kousuke opened the door and knelt down next to me and rubbed my back as I got sick. I didn't want to burden him, but that's what I ended up doing.

"Why don't you stay home today?" He asked.

"I have to prepare for finals"

"Masa, if you don't take care of yourself you'll end up being more sick when final week arrives."

He wasn't wrong, I knew he wasn't. I agreed to take a sick day and headed back to bed with Kousuke leading the way. He took my temperature and it came back that I had a fever. Kou moved the trash can in our room so that it was on my side of the bed before grabbing me a fresh bottle of water.

"I have to make a quick call, I'll be right back" he said and kissed my forehead before leaving.

Once he returned he crawled into bed next to me and pulled me into his embrace.

"Kousuke, I don't want to get you sick"

"It's fine, just go ahead and sleep love"

I slowly drifted off to sleep in Kousuke's arms. By the time I woke up the clock read noon and Kou wasn't by my side.

"I guess he went to work" I mumbled before making my way down the stairs.

Around midway down I smelt something. It wasn't a bad smell, I just couldn't pinpoint it. I continued down and could hear what sounded like Kousuke talking, but to who?

"Oh, you're awake" Kou said after I entered the kitchen.

"Yeah, who're you talking to?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Mom" he replied before putting the phone on speaker and setting it down on the counter.

"She was giving me her chicken noodle soup recipe"

"Hi Masahiro. How are you feeling? Kousuke told me you were sick"

"I'm feeling better now that I slept"

"A good night's sleep will do wonders"

"Yeah, but Kou, don't you have work today?"

"I called out sick"

"YOU DID WHAT?!" I said out of surprise.

"Sorry Mom, I gotta go deal with my cranky husband" he said before hanging up the phone.

"Why'd you call in sick? You're perfectly healthy"

"Because you're sick, and I wanted to take care of you"

"Alright, but I still have to get to my afternoon classes"

"You're not going anywhere. Take today off to take care of yourself; you deserve it. Plus I may or may not have logged into your email and sent out an email saying you were going to be out sick today."

"What?! How'd you even know my password?!"

"It was the dog's name and the date of our marriage, it wasn't hard to guess."

I want to be mad at him, but I know he only did all of this because he cares and doesn't want me to stress out about it. It's honestly quite impressive. He'd have to look up my schedule to figure out what professors I had today and then hack into my email to send them a message. He even called his mom to get a receipt for chicken noodle soup, and he rarely cooks.

"I'll let you off the hook this time, but no more hacking my email."

"Yeah, I admit that was too much. I'm sorry" he said sincerely.

The rest of the day was very laid back. We binge watched movies and cuddled on the couch. Kousuke didn't allow me to cook and we got take out. As much as I don't want to admit it, Kousuke was right, I really did need a day for myself.
————————

So a while ago someone suggested I do a sick day chapter and because I'm going into writers block I decided to do so!

Thank you @poekielover for this idea and I hope you are still reading this :)