His Happiness is Mine

*One New Message From:
Kou ❤️*

Happy Thursday Angel. If you have time could you possibly bring my lunch over to my school? I forgot it this morning. When's your class start? I know you only have one class today. If you can't that's fine, I'll grab something from the cafeteria. I love you!

I have class in the morning so I'll drop it off to him once I'm out of class.

*Outgoing Message*
Sure, I'll drop it off after class. <3

I was nervous entering the school building. Kousuke was at the main office so that the secretary would let me in. The doors unlocked with a click and I was granted access to the building.

"Hey, sorry about needing you to drop my lunch off"

"Don't worry about it. You're just lucky it's a Thursday"

He chuckled and I handed him the bento box I had prepared for him the night before. He was up all night memorizing students' names and woke up later than usual, most likely causing him to rush out the door and forget his meal.

"Oh, Patty. This is my fiancé"

The word "fiancé" slid off his tongue so naturally. I wish I had an inch of the amount of courage he does. He showed me around the school a bit, it was small with only about 400 students in total. There was a wide variety of people there though, from all different races and cultures. I went home after the tour and headed to the bedroom, which was quite bare. One king sized mattress in the middle, a small closet, a dresser, and a bathroom attached. Everything seemed plain to me.

There were still a few boxes that needed to be unpacked, but nothing big was in any of them. It mostly consisted of nicknacks. I rummage through the boxes, pulling things out a placed them neatly around the room and the apartment. A few books that didn't fit in the other box where pulled out a placed with the others on the bookshelf. Small figures of a cat and a dog are now standing on top of the dresser. The old yearbooks are on a shelf in Kousuke's office along with some textbooks. Boxes that didn't have collectibles had been filled with blankets and pillows. I laid some on our bed and put the ones we wouldn't need for a while in the closet in the hallway.

It feels weird in a sense. I've been waiting for this to happen all my life, and now it is. It's as if I don't know what else to do with myself. Everything I thought my life would be has been thrown out the window. I never expected to have lived with the Ohshiba family, to be engaged, go to college, or have a place to call my own. Every action I take leads back to the same question; now what? After the wedding, I wouldn't have anything to look forward to, and it scares me. I'm not a fan of the unpredictable, without control or routine I'm lost, which is probably why I'm still adjusting to the house. Don't get anything twisted, I'm very grateful and I love the place, but I'm still trying to find a good pattern. I will eventually, and it's alright to take as long as I need and I'll have Kousuke by my side.

Kou placed his stuff in his office once he returns and starts to set the table while I finish dinner. He does the dishes once everything is done and we take a seat on our couch. The silence isn't awkward like it used to be, it's calming. He's also cut back on the smoking, maybe once a week give or take he'll smoke, but he's been getting better and the cigarette smell hasn't been admitting off of his as strong as it was in the past.

"Do you mind if I go out for a drink with some coworkers?" He asked a bit out of the blue.

"Not at all, why would you even ask that?"

"I don't know, I guess it's because I've been trying to decrease my alcohol intake along with my cigarette usage"

"It's up to you to do those things, all I ask is that you get an Uber at the end of the night if you do drink, ok?"

"I will, I promise"

"Then go have fun, but be safe"

"I will, I love you"

"I love you too"

He kissed my head before leaving and seeing him happy made me happy. The job he has now seems a lot more enjoyable than the one prior. He never went out to drink with his former coworkers, but here he is, doing just that. As long as he is happy, so am I. I would give up everything for him to live an amazing life, even if it meant I'd lose my own.

————————————————————————
Hi everyone!
I started a new job recently and have been working nonstop. I still love working on this and everyone's feedback is so positive! I want to upload more but with classes starting in about a month and now working it'll be difficult to do so. I have a bit of a plan where I want to post at least once a month and if I have time maybe two. Unfortunately, I can't promise that I will be able to stick to this schedule, but I really home I can, because I love this story and have some ideas for it. Everyone here is so kind and understanding that I honestly don't even know how to explain how grateful I am to be part of such a healthy and loving fandom. Thank you everyone and please take care of yourself, because you are important and valuable.

Love you all,
~🐝