❤️Yin and Yang

*Me just casually reading the comments

*Finds a comment about SwagDoons

...

*motivation has joined the game*

This is after the previous chapter btw :>

Warning: fluff, fluff, fluff, and a bunch of fluff

Also maybe kissing-

:P

(Red's POV)

"Okay, but it's going to be a long story". Everyone laughed.

I clutch the box in my pocket and wave goodbye to Spoke and Rek, both equally confused and tired, but understanding. As I shut the dark oak door behind me, I take in a deep breath of the cold, sharp air and watch the fog come out of my mouth as I exhale.

An idea popped into my mind and I lifted two of my fingers to my lips.

Inhaling, I pretended to smoke a cigarette. I sassily whipped my fingers away and let out a long breath.

I chuckled at myself, shaking my head and dropping the childish act.

As I walked along the snow-ridden path, I focused on the crunching sound that my boots made against the snow.

My puffy, heavy red coat hung from my shoulders. Due to the literal freezing weather, I was wearing my good thick pair of black overalls. I let go of the death grip I had on the precious box and lifted both of my gloved hands to take off the red, crochet beanie on my head. I blew my natural red hair out of the way from my deep green eyes.

I smiled warmly at the memory of how I had gotten the beanie. I think I was about 9 or so.

...

"Reddie! Reddie! Look, look!"

I turn around to look down at the much younger boy below me.

He was holding up a red crochet beanie. In the corner, a pair of sunglasses were crocheted into the beanie. While overall it was red, I could tell there was a small value change in certain spots.

My eyes widened, and I felt a blush start to form on my face. The 2nd grader smiled up at me with a bright shine.

"I chose yarn that had a small value change to represent your freckles! And the sunglasses show your business thingy that you always do!" He looked at me with his eyes shining.

"So... do you like it?"

I held the beanie in my hands.

A small, silver tear dropped down and landed on the red yarn. I grinned at the memory, pausing my footsteps.

"I-"

My hands trembled, and a smile forced its way onto my lips. I felt my eyes water up and I gasped.

I quickly wrapped my arms around the smaller boy and held him desperately but gently.

"Thank you..." I whispered into his hair, uncontrollable tears flowing down my cheeks.

He hugged back and I felt him smile.

"Thank you so- so much, you don't know how much this means to me.." I held onto the beanie tight.

"You're welcome!" He buried his head into my chest.

We stood there like that, in the frost-bitten air of the city playground. There were very few people around, due to the cold weather.