¹⁰

the sturniolo residence's kitchen was a mess to say the least. all sorts of bowls and utensils were sprawled over the worktops and piles of flour and sugar mounted the surfaces.

hope placed the tray of cupcakes in the oven before turning to face the disaster that was the heap of mess in front of her. she swiped her tongue over her top teeth and ultimately sighed. she glanced at the triplets who all looked as though they were stifling their laughter as their eyes darted around the kitchen.

"i am never doing that ever again," hope emphasised each word as she gestured towards the oven that was shining light in the silent room.

she was genuinely appalled. all she wanted was to bake something because she came across a post on instagram but the sight in front of her made her want to block the account forever and never even think about baking. she couldn't even comprehend how on earth people could be that bad at baking. sure, people certainly struggled but never in her life had she seen people make that many mistakes. chris literally poured the bag of sugar over the edge of the bowl twice before he managed to hit the spot inside the bowl.

"we told you we'd gotten worse!" matt exclaimed rightfully so.

they had indeed warned her beforehand that they hadn't really baked since she left, excluding the few videos they recorded for their channel. she nodded her head when they warned her but she wasn't expecting anything like this. it was like aliens had come to earth and she only handed them the ingredients and told them to do as they pleased.

"we're not usually this bad, i swear," nick defended himself and his brothers to the girl who looked as though she was going to collapse due to exhaustion at any moment.

"i should fucking hope so," hope dropped her jaw open in shock.

"at least we managed to get them in the oven," chris shrugged with a sheepish smile across his face.

matt and nick turned to look at him in alarm, knowing hope was about to explode and go full out.

"excuse me! did you just say we? i carried this shit on my back. please, let's not forget you burning your hand and crying like a little baby specifically after i told you that i'd put the tray in the oven," she rambled with animated gestures and chris watched with a smirk on his face.

it took one more look of frustration on hope's face for the youngest triplet to burst out laughing. he shook his head frantically as the endless laughter spilled out of him and the others watched concernedly. he laughed so much, it became difficult for the others to contain themselves. soon enough, they were all laughing at absolutely nothing in particular.

"god you're something else," hope commented as the laughter died down gradually.

"let's clean this shit up," nick advised after regaining composure.

"please," hope pleaded with a look that said more than words ever could.

they started with the bowls, placing them into the sink and letting water run over them. the knifes and spatulas followed a little while after and finally they tackled the worktops. the cloths swiped over the hard surface and eventually, the small granules of sugar and specks of flour were nowhere to be seen.

they only waited five more minutes after they had finished cleaning for the oven to ping. hope gave chris a blank look as he stepped towards the over before she herself made her way to open the device and removed the tray, gently placing it on the trivet that nick had found merely a minute before.

she let out a sigh of relief as the tray hit the trivet and smacked away chris' hand that reached out to grab a cupcake.

"i'm going to kill you," the girl deadpanned and chris lifted his two hands up as a means of surrendering.