2. ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴀғᴇ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ

My hands were shaking as I looked at the clock, back at the paper in front of me and at the clock again.

I had been sitting in this classroom for about forty minutes and with every minute I seemed to forget more and more of what I had learned for the class test.

Who even invented math?

The past week I had been learning formulas nonstop to the point where I wouldn't even eat and sleep properly.
I knew it wasn't healthy but that's what I always did before writing exams.
I just couldn't get bad grades.

Gosh, my parents would kill me if I ever came back with something below a B+.
I didn't even have a bad relationship with them but when it came to grades they didn't joke around.

I knew good grades were important for my future, so I always gave my best but the way my parents put pressure on me made them seem more possessive than caring and it was just too much for me to handle.

Fortunately I didn't have to go through this all by myself since my Best Friend Pablo helped me studying most of the time.
He understood the pressure I was on and tried his best to support me, which I was more than thankful for.

"Okay guys, last minute" said the teacher bringing me back to reality.
Even tho I had answered all the questions I panicked. I read my answers over and over again but nothing seemed to make sense anymore.

God just relax, stupid.

"Alright, pencils down. Time's up."
I handed my teacher the paper, packing everything else in my bag and following the group of students out of the room.

As soon as I got out to the hallway I immediately went for the exit not caring to put my books into the locker.

Stepping outside I stopped for a second taking in a deep breath.
What am I supposed to do now?

I couldn't stand to see my parents right now or I would probably start crying and then I would have to explain what's going on.

Pablo.

Not realizing I had started walking again, I found myself on the way to his apartment.

The last time I had seen him was three days ago since he was pretty busy with football practice. But if I knew it correctly he told me they had a week off since yesterday, so I really hoped he would be home.

Otherwise I would have to think for another solution.
The only thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to go home.

•••

I stepped inside the building, met by the stairs. Making my way to his door I took another deep breath. Even if it was Pablo we were talking about I didn't really want to cry in front of him.

Before I knew it I had knocked on the door.
It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard some shuffling and then steps coming in my direction.
The door opened slowly and I was met by a sleepy looking Pablo.

My smile fell immediately at the thought of disturbing his sleep. Most of the time he didn't sleep as much because of practice and now that he had a week off he couldn't sleep either and I was the reason for it.

"Did I wake you? I'm so sorry, I'll just call you later." I said turning around, ready to leave, with tears in my eyes.

"Wha-, wait. Y/n!" his hand grabbed my wrist as he turned me around. I quickly tried to wipe away the tears but looking at Pablo it didn't seem as if it worked, because worry was all I could see in his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I didn't respond as I took a step forward wrapping my arms around his torso. He immediately put his arms around me tightly, pressing a soft kiss in my hair.