Chapter 26

Five, Kali, and Lila all stood in the tiny electrical room in the basement of the hotel. Five grabbed some metal clips and opened the electric box, trying to figure out where to put them. The two girls stood on the other side of the small room, Kali nervously biting her nails, she was scared Five would get hurt doing this.

Lila looked down at the girl, "So... how have you been doing since I saw ya'?"

Kali glanced up at her through a curtain of hair and just shrugged. "She's been perfectly fine." Five answered under his breath, obviously annoyed that he couldn't figure out where to put the damn clips.

Lila tilted her head as she watched Kali and then spoke again. "Why don't you speak, Kali? Does nobody ask you why? It must mean something. Doesn't anybody care?"

Kali stared at the ground, her eyes narrowed in confusion. She barely remembers her reason anymore... She can't even remember most of her childhood, only the good parts. Everything else she had just... deleted from her memory. But there must have been a good reason to have made her end up the way she is now, right? Something to have forced her into such a constant state of anxiety that she couldn't even form words.

Five turned around and glared at the woman, "Okay, it is not your place to be asking that type of shit. Mind your own business." He growled and then continued to attempt to use the clips.

Lila raised her hands in defence and backed up a step, "Alright, my bad." She chuckled, obviously not meaning it.

A faint sound of electricity crackled when Five finally attached the clips to some wires in the electrical box and a small smile grew on his face as he turned to face his girlfriend. "Taa daa!" He sang quietly and Kali chuckled lightly as she gave him a small thumbs up.

Five was about to get back to work but Lila spoke up once more. "Nice suit." She was obviously trying to get on his nice side or something.

Five gave her a surprised look and glanced towards Kali to see what her opinion on Lila complementing her boyfriend was but she was honestly unbothered. "Thanks. Tailor in the lobby is a master craftsman." Five shrugged and grabbed the other metal clamps, connecting them to the briefcase.

"Still, I will miss those pasty kneecaps."

Kali scrunched up her nose in disgust and slowly turned her head to look at Lila, a look of utter disbelief on her face.

Five looked a bit taken back as well but he quickly hid it, "Yeah, well, we could all stand to be showing a little less skin these days." He remarked.

Lila smirked sarcastically and handed him yet another pair of clamps that he was meant to hold onto. Apparently he was gonna use his powers to recharge the briefcase, Kali thought it was stupid though. It won't work. She can tell.

"For you." Lila muttered quietly.

"Yeah." Five slowly reached out to grab them, obviously not very enthusiastic about this.

Lila picked up a small power box and smiled teasingly, "You ready to hot-wire this briefcase?"

Five nervously jumped in one spot and his cheeks puffed up as he blew out of his mouth in one deep breath, trying to relieve his anxiety. He stopped his little hops and nodded, "Let's do this."

Lila immediately turned on the power and sparks flew around the room with Five's screams of pain following right after. Kali flinched in surprise at all the screaming and covered her ears, squinting her eyes in discomfort.

"AH SHIT!" Five shouted.

Lila chuckled as she watched Five suffer. Lunatic.

Five leaned into the wall, still screaming in agony. "SHIT! LILA!" He snapped, obviously wanting her to turn it off now but Kali didn't do anything to help as she stared in horror at the briefcase. It was literally on fire.