Childhood

Abby Ryder Fortson                                       as                              Young Kali

                      Abby Ryder Fortson
                                       as
                              Young Kali

~

(21 YEARS AGO)

Kali stared intensely at the clock on her plain beige-colored walls, waiting desperately for it to move faster.

Her and Five had a tradition, where every Wednesday and Friday they would meet in her room at exactly 9pm when everyone was sleeping.

Just as the clock hits 9, a flash of blue light appeared and she smiled as she spun around to see her bestfriend.

Their faces were inches apart, she flinched and quickly backed away.

Five quickly scooted back as well and muttered a small 'sorry'. He sat crossed legged on her forest green covers and leaned back against the headboard of her bed.

"Hey, Eight" He smiled excitedly.

She tilted her head slightly so that she could see his features better in the moonlight. He had a dimple on the left side of his face when he smiled, emerald green eyes that she adored staring into, and dark brown hair that he always made sure to keep neat even though she liked it better messy.

She smiled back at him, "Hi." She whispered, her voice was barely audible.

"So, what should we do tonight? We could read, go prank one of the boys while they're sleeping, talk about how great I am?" He smirked mischeviously.

She thought about it for a moment and pointed her finger to the bookshelf in the corner of the room. It was filled with books, she had learnt to read at quite a young age with Five and Ben. They always were the more mature ones.

He nodded his head, got up from the bed and walked over to the bookshelf. He lifted up her favorite book that they must have read 10 times by now. 'To Kill A Mocking Bird'.

She quickly nodded her head, her smile growing bigger. He loved when she smiled, it made his stomach feel like it was doing backflips, but in a good way.

The girl set a pillow on her lap and rested her elbows on it, putting her chin in her hands.

"Light?" He questioned.

She took one hand away from her chin but kept her head down on the other one. Kali then pointed a finger in the air and used her energy minipulation to create a bright red ball of light that lit up the pages for him.