The game comes to an end - 16

No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.

- Demi Lovato

- Peter's P.O.V -

I look down at the dagger in my hand, the blade still covered in blood. I should've really cleaned it before I started this game - well he really thought the game would be over in a few minutes... He has to admit that her plan was indeed impressive, much better than he thought, but still not good enough, he'll for sure win! But now he should really focus on calming down this girl, he doesn't like that look on her face. On her very pretty face... she should never have an expression of fear on her face, and especially not towards him. It actually makes him feel bad...

"Love...", I began gently, "Don't call me that!"Alice's voice cut off mine. "Alice", I start over and try not to upset her more, "I don't know what you've heard about me, but this is blood from an animal. I took Charlie out for a hunt and talked to him about his unacceptable behavior towards you, the blood is just after we took care of the rabbit we got." I explain towards the girl that now seems more relaxed after my explanation, still unsure if she can trust my words, but she at least seems calmer.

"You really just talked to him, you didn't... hurt him?", she asks gently and seems a bit surprised yet relieved. "No Alice, I don't want to hurt my lost boys, I actually care about them. Like I care about you..." my voice echoes in the cave and even if the waterfall outside is making some noises along with a few water drops falling down from the cave's ceiling, my last words cut through the thick air like a knife. Surprising both me and her.

- Alice's P.O.V -

She actually thought he would hurt Charlie, really hurt him. Especially from the things Hook told her about Peter. Those crazy eyes Peter got, those unnatural dark eyes he got when Charlie tried to shoot her down with an arrow, it made an ice cold chill creep down her neek. But his explanation makes her feel a bit stupid. Did she really think he would kill one of his lost boys just like that..? What did you think Alice, are you stupid?!

"I understand...", I hear myself say and with an embarrassed clearing of my throat I stand up again and brush over my clothes a bit, getting rid of some dirt and wrinkles, before I take my fighting pose again. "Then let's go!", I say with that fighting twinkle back in my eyes, trying to forget what just happened. I still don't know if I can trust this boy's words... But something tells me I can... either way I would like to see Charlie all fine with my own eyes when we're back at camp.

My words and sudden change seem to have surprised the boy in front of me and he chuckles while he plays with his seductive eyebrows, "Oh that's what I like to hear!". Before I know it he actually attacks my dagger with his, the blades locking together just like our eyes, brown and green blending together and our feet start moving in a harmonic fighting dance. Our feet move together and our bodies sway to the music of our heartbeats and our clinging blades as we actually try our best to win those stupid flags - but more importantly - our bet.

After a while of our fighting dance that didn't lead to much, our foreheads accidentally hit each other. As a reflex we both drop our flags to the ground as we stumble back with our now free hand rubbing against our aching foreheads. Since both of us are trained in combat and other martial arts our instincts kicked in and immediately let go of anything else but the dagger in our hands, because dropping your weapon is the least thing you should do. Thus resulting in our flags dropping to the ground.

After a few seconds of some complaining groans we look up at each other and I can't help but to start giggling amused at how stupid it was for both of us. "Why did you bump your head in mine, idiot?", I ask with a giggle on my smiling lips. "I was just gonna ask you the same thing!", he says back to me and actually lets out a giggle himself. I could've never thought that someone with his reputation and smug expression could have such an amazing and lovely laughter, it really sounds like he's laughing from his heart.