Catch the flag - 7

"Life's a game, all you have to do is know how to play it."
-Unknown

- Alice's P.O.V -

"Catch the flag?" Jacob repeat after Pan. "Yes, it's the game we always play with the new ones" Peter says as he walks around us. "It's actually the boy's favorite kind of game". "Why so?" I ask but find myself not liking the answer. "Because it's the only game no one have died in, at least not yet..". I swallow deep at the realization that getting off this island might be a very, very hard task. If we manage to stay alive that is.

"The rules are simple. We are divided into two groups and each one gets a flag that they are supposed to hide." Two flags magically appears in his hands. A red and a green one. Magic is still unusual to me so I take  a step back in surprise.

"The flags don't bite love." He says, almost whispering, "But I can't say the same about me..." He takes a look at my even chocked face and continues as if nothing happened "The first team to find the others flag is crowned the winners".

"And about the teams.." Peter says walking closer to me "Usually the new one played against me, but since you are two I might change it up a bit. Alice, you've play with me" he says as he pulls me closer to him. "I don't think so!" Jacob says as he stare at Pan and pulls me back to him.

After a while of intensive stares between them I finally say something "Hey! Can I talk?". They both look at me like they had forgot that I was there. I walk over to Peter and let my hand follow his shoulders. Jacob looked shocked but with a blink he understands that I have a plan.

"There is no need of breaking the tradition, love?" I ask him as I walk around him. I can see he's about to say something so I cut him off "What's the usual price?" I ask him. "Well the price is to have the pleasure to not sleep outside on the ground for a night".

"One night?!" Jacob says chuckling. "You think that's funny?" Peter asks as he lean in closer to Jacob. "I can tell you, that nights in Neverland can be very cold" Peter says between clenched teeth.

"Well let's higher the price. If you win, all the lost boys will spend the night inside, and I will for sure spend the night beside you." I wisher inside Peter's ear.

"I like the sound of that, but let's make it every night" Peter says agreeing. "Although I think you meant under me" he adds and puts his arm around my shoulders. I hit him with my elbow and continues "Sure every night, and if I and Jacob win, you will let us go".

He looks at me a little surprised "Sure!" he says "What's a game without a high risk. There's your team. You'll have the red flag" he says and points at a group of boys gathered up around the table. Then he vanished, right in front of my eyes.

I continue staring into thin air for a moment before turning to Jacob. "I think I'll never get used to that" I say with a little smile. "Now's our chance" Jacob says as he takes my hand and starts running. "Wait!" I say as I let g of his hand. "We can't" I say to the boy who's looking at me all confused.

"Why not?" he asks. "Because I talked to Hook and..", "HOOK!!?!?" "Shhhhh!! Not so loud." I say to him. "Yes hook and he said that Peter isn't like the one in Disney, he's the opposite actually. He called him a bloody demon. He's a killer Jacob, a killer".

He's looking at me all confused. "I know that he kind of kidnapped us and all, but up till now he hasn't tried to kill us". I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Okay your right..." he says when he finally hear what he's just said "But then let's get out of here before he notices." He takes my hand again and tries to run but I stop him again.