A New Day

hearing the ever so grating beeping of her alarm she struggled to find the motivation to even look at the time it displayed, let alone get near the wretched item. After 10 minutes passed and the beeping went away did, she bother to turn her head to the electrical clock "6:20".

Once she understood the time she had, she thought about how long her routine was and what she could skip to enjoy the tranquility and warmth of her bed. 'School starts at 7:30. It takes 5 minutes to put on my clothes ,4-6 on my hair depending on what I want to do with it,15 minutes to sit down and eat my breakfast and 10 minutes if I can convince grandma to give me the keys to the car, if not 30.

After she finished her own mathematic problem, she found that she had a bit of time to stay in her bed for at least 15 more minutes. Indulging herself in the comfort of her bed letting her mind wonder, going to different topics but always going back to the words her mother told her "We gave you our TRUST and you choose to SLEEP AROUND with EVERY man you saw!.... I'm disappointed" as those words range in her mind, she remembered their sad and confused faces...her heart stung.

She broke from her self-pity when she heard a familiar beeping, as she came to realize that 10 minutes passed. "I should get up, if not I might end up crying and I don't know how I'm going to hide that" She thought as she got up to shut up the beeping machine.

As she stretched her arms out, she made her way to her dresser and once her eyes made contact with a certain plush bear with a necklace hanging from its shoulders, pushing her heart into feeling like it was going to explode.

Walking to the dusty bear she picked up the disheveled plush and hugged it tightly, remembering the happy face they had when she gave the once new and pure white bear, opening the small locket that hung on its shoulders opening it to see familiar figures completely blacked out. Closing the heart shaped locket that held too much emotional weight she put down its bearer, leaving it at its typical spot, making sure everything was in place as she looked in the direction of the bear, giving a melancholy smile.

"Ok...today will be a good day" she said looking at herself in the mirror hoping that saying it would make it more likely to come true, then she reached for the drawer that healed her uniform. It was nothing special, a white button up shirt with a black tie and blazer and a monochrome plaid skirt that by her father request ended a bit before the knee.

As she finished tying her tie, she looked into the mirror making sure that nothing was wrong with her uniform and went to brush her (h/c) hair till she deemed it looked neat enough for her to leave the house with. Taking her final look in to the mirror to at least seem presentable.

"They really hate color in that school, don't they?" She said, realizing after she made her statement, that she was talking to no one "I really need to stop doing that" she said, scowling at herself. 

Once got out of her room she took note of the time "7:05 am" she muttered to herself as she thought of how she was going to try and sway her grandmother into giving her the keys to the car.

'Maybe if I tell her that my legs hurt??no she sees right through that, it might be better to just stop. I do want to stay low and move on' she sighed as she gave up and chose to just walk her way to school with her mother's spies.

"Hi, sweetie! How was getting up this morning?" A positively beaming lady, in her mid 60's said with a smile. 

"A lot better now, grandma!" the girl said, enjoying the hints of bacon and pancakes in the morning air as the lady's smile only grew wider, coming to her with a plate of food and a glass of water.