Chapter 15

Hasting Aster to the stables, Grace dashes into the house, tracking mud with her. Already hearing the Bridgertons in the morning room, she makes her way upstairs and quickly switches into a clean dress before heading to the morning room.
"Good morning, pardon my tardiness," Grace spoke, taking a seat at the table, out of breath.
"No worries, dear, we're still waiting on Anthony and-" Violet starts to speak.
"No, I'm here. Good morning family. Ashlynn, James, and Grace," Anthony states, giving a slight nod before taking his seat.
"Good morning dear, did you have a good ride this morning?" Violet asks.
"Indeed,"
"Yes,"
Both Anthony and Grace say, causing both to turn to each other in confusion.
"Give it back!" Hyacinth shouts, snapping Anthony and Grace out of their daze.
"I don't have it!" Gregory blurts out.
"We saw you take it!" Ashlynn shouts.
"What do you have, Gregory?" Violet asks.
"Nothing, I swear!"
"You lie. I saw you put it in your pocket!" Hyacinth yells.
"And we just had it a moment ago!" Ashlynn clamors.
"I did see you take something," Colin admits.
"Gregory, if you took something, I suggest you give it back," Violet instructed.
"You too, James," Grace told him.
The boys groan and pass back the girl's hair ribbons and bracelet.
"Do that again, and I'll take your favorite marble," Ashlynn glares.
"You wouldn't dare," James glares back, hoping Ash was bluffing.
"Oh, I would. I might even feed it to one of the horses," Ashlynn smiles.
At this point, everyone, except the children, is trying to contain their laughter. Watching Ashlynn and James threaten each other, just like the Bridgertons did and still do.
"I think we rubbed off on them," Anthony whispers to Grace, causing a shiver to run up her spine.
"Trust me, this is quite normal. Watch this." Grace whispers back, "I do not care what you two do, just do not bring the mallets into this... again." Grace spoke as the twin's heads turned to her.
"THAT WAS ONE TIME!" James shouted.
"My life flashes before my eyes! It was a near-death experience," Ashlynn spoke, turning to Hyacinth.
"Was not!" James retaliated.
"You were chasing me with a mallet and threatened to beat me!"
"Oh, now, doesn't that sound familiar, Anthony?" Daphne chucked, looking at him, causing him to roll his eyes.
"To be fair, you took the last biscuit after throwing my ball into the lake. It was well deserved." James smiled to himself as everyone busted out laughing.
"Oh my, and I thought our family was competitive," Violet spoke, trying to stop laughing.
"Grace, you could leave them here, and I do not think Mother would notice," Benedict laughed.
"Honestly, I think you're right," Eloise laughs.
"Well, I must be off. I cannot imagine the state Simon is in after a night with the baby," Daphne laughs, standing from her seat to kiss her mother on the cheek.
"Oh, we shall miss you. Bring my grandbaby next time," Violet smiles.
"I will, Goodbye, and as always, lovely to see you again Grace." Daph smiles, taking her leave.
"I believe that's our cue to start our day," Benedict announces, standing up from the table.
"Yes, mother? Lady Fawn? May we speak privately?" Anthony asks, dreading the following conversation.
"Of course, dear,"
"Uh, yes. I shall freshen up beforehand, if that is alright," Grace replied as her heart races and mind goes blank.
"Yes, of course,"
"Thank you," Grace muttered standing up from her seat and quickly exiting the room to calm her heart. She had to go into the lions den and there was no way of escaping that.