Chapter 7: Heartbreak

Dean's POV:

One second. That's approximately the amount of time that I had before the memories of yesterday and what I had done returned to me. Then my alarm went off. Ugh. When my day started off with memories of something I did and regret I already know it's going to be a long and hard day, but then life just decided to punch me face by making my alarm go off.
Basically yelling, Wake up you lazy shït it's time for another day at the hell people call school, right in my face. Needless to say I did not appreciate it.

Once my second alarm went off I decided it was better to get up, if not for me then for Sammy. He would kill me if I made him miss a day of school. Nerd. I got out of my comfy spot on my bed and quickly got dressed before waking Sammy up and going downstairs to make some breakfast. There wasn't that much to choose from so I just made eggs on toast.

Sam came down the stairs just as I was finishing up. "We've ten minutes before we're supposed to leave so eat fast." I say handing him a plate of food which he immediately starts eating. Somehow we made it out the door in nine minutes which is weird because we always leave five minutes later.

Since we left the house earlier than usual it meant we got to school before the bell rang, which I felt quite proud of to be honest. Once at school I decided to go straight to class, knowing it would be empty and a perfect place to think.

When I got to the classroom I made my way straight towards the seat at the back corner, completely ignoring my usual seat. I sat down in the somewhat isolated seat and put my head in my hands. For about two minutes it was deadly silent giving me the opportunity to think, that's when I heard it.

"Dean." I grunted inwardly as I heard him call my name. Ever so slowly I lifted my head up to look at him. "Cas." I reply in monotone. "Can we...ugh...Talk?" He asks and I slowly nod my head.

"Good. Look Dean there's is something I wanted to tell you...."he say all in on breath before I interrupt him. "I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't have kissed you and I don't even know why I did. Probably just the heat of the moment you know? Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it will never happen again. Plus neither of us is gay right?" I tell him.

Cas' POV:

Noooooo!!! Dean was just sitting there in front of me, telling me the only thing I didn't want to hear. Yesterday was one of the most confusing days of my entire life but I had finally come to a conclusion. I had decided that I had to stop kidding myself.

I'm gay and I'm proud.

I had also decided that I did like Dean in more than just a friend way. But as he sat there and told me that it was a mistake I had no other choice but to just smile and nod along. Even though inside I was dying.

"Yeah. Neither of us. Not one bit." I say smiling, trying to hide the sadness in my voice. He smiles softly at me and nods.

After my heart being torn from my chest and ripped apart Dean and I talked until the bell rang and the rest of the class started to come in and sit down. Most kids looked at us with confused expressions on their face. Most likely because Dean wasn't in his precious seat but also because he was talking to me, the school punk. Today was mostly a good day if you don't count geography, French and you know....The aching pain in my chest.

I had lunch with Dean and a girl from my science class, Charlie Bradbury. "Sup bïtches." Charlie says as she sits down. "Hey, Charlie right?" Dean asks and Charlie nods. "I'm..." "Dean Winchester. I know. You like sunsets, long walks on the beach and frisky women. When you're popular there isn't much people don't know about you." Charlie interrupts Dean and takes out her lunch. "So what happened between you two?" She asks taking a bite of her sandwich making both Dean and I to look at her, confused.

"What you mean?" I say, speaking for the first time since Charlie sat down. "Well on the first day you completely hated each other and now three days later you here you are eating lunch together like you are lifelong best friends." She explains. I try to answer her. Try being key word. "Uh...we...um...you see....dean and I...we...uh...."

"We bonded in detention." Dean says, saving me from further embarrassment. "Cool." She states as I try to hide how red I had gotten. For the rest of lunch we talked about TV shows. Charlie and I ended up getting into a heated argument over who's ship is better. Dean just sat there with a an amused smirk on his face.

"Dean will you please tell her that I'm right." I whine turning to look at him. "OMG! Castiel you can't just ask him to lie." Charlie counters and before I can respond the bell rings.

Dean's POV:

Cas and Charlie we're currently arguing over who's ship was better. Whatever the hell a ship was. It was funny watching Cas get all frustrated, he looked kinda cute. No. Stop thinking he's cute. He's doesn't like you that way so stop thinking of him that way.

Truth is, this morning when I told Castiel that I didn't mean to kiss him, I was lying. I was hoping that Cas would interrupt me and tell me that he does like me and then we would kiss and everything would be perfect. But nooooo. Life had to be a bïtch and make him not like me. I deserve some sort of award for the performance I did in that classroom.

All I wanted was to go into the corner, curl up into a ball and disappear. But I had to sit there and watch as my crush basically told me that he didn't like me like that and most likely never will.

After lunch I had Maths, History and English. Yawn. I fell asleep during Maths and History. Idiot teachers never even had a clue. But in English I was suddenly filled with enthusiasm and determination. I decided to make as list.

Steps to make Castiel Novak fall in love with me.

I got to step three or four before the bell rang meaning I could go home. I quickly ran out to my baby and wait for Sammy. Once Sam came out I drove home, told him to do his homework and went to my room.

Before I fell asleep I had come up with fifteen easy steps to make Castiel fall in love with me. And tomorrow I would put them into action. There's no way he will be able to resist me now.