Rock, Paper, Scissors.

With my eyes still closed my hands patted the covers around me. Disappointment grew when I realised he wasn’t laid in bed beside me. My eyes fluttered open only to find my vision obscured by my long, dark hair. I sat up, lazily trying to blow the hair away with my mouth. Unsuccessful, I eventually swept it back with my hand.

I frowned as I heard the water turn on in the bathroom. He was already up, he never got up before I was awake. Neither of us were morning people. Upon hearing the alarm clock, he would sleepily hit the snooze button only to groan when it rang out again five minutes later. We would then either engage in a game of “rock, paper, scissors”, a thumb war or playfully wrestle to decide who had to get up first. It made me laugh how most of the time he would let me win, ending up with me pinning him to the bed. He would dramatically sigh in defeat then teasingly push me off, getting up to have a shower. But we had skipped that this morning.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my feet hitting the carpet. Glancing over to the corner of the room, my eyes landed on a familiar sight. I smiled. Bert, the teddy bear was sitting is his usual place on the large red chair. I adjusted my pj top before padding over to the bathroom door.

“Harry?” I knocked on the door.

“Yeah?” he replied through the wood.

“Are you alright?”

“Umm, yeah I’m fine, why?” I heard his voice over the shower.

“Doesn’t matter” I shook my head “do you want some breakfast?”

“No thanks, I’m not hungry.”

“Oh ok.”

 ***

I shoved some toast into my mouth just as Harry walked into the kitchen. His curls still damp, making his way over to the kettle to make himself some tea. His jeans were slung low on his hips, the band of his boxers revealed when he reached up to get a mug from the cupboard. Harry placed the mug on the side; his t shirt came down again to cover his tanned skin.  He laughed as I spoke through a mouthful of food.

“What was that?” he smiled.

I swallowed the toast and took a sip of water.

“I said, remember that we’re going to see my parents today.”

“I didn’t forget.” He stared at me.

He leant back on the counter crossing his arms over his broad chest waiting for the kettle to boil. His gaze still on me as I finished my breakfast.

“What?” I asked

“Nothing, you’re just really cute when you first get up.”

His adorable dimples indented in his cheeks as he smiled at me. My hands instantly darting up to my head, trying to tame the wild curls that I knew he was referring to. I quickly got down from the stool, accidently catching my foot on one of the legs before shuffling over to the sink placing my plate and glass in.

“I’m going to have my shower.” I stated quietly.

As I walked past him he caught hold of my wrist pulling me into his body. He placed a lingering kiss on my cheek before releasing his hold. I playfully pushed him away, giggling. He responded by gently slapping me on the bum.

“Watch it, Styles.” I teasingly warned.

He chuckled as I wiggled my hips strutting out of the room.

 ***

I got out of the shower wrapping a purple towel round my body. My hands trying to ring as much water out of my hair as possible as I leant over the sink. I dried off pulling on my underwear and turning on the hairdryer. I walked into the bedroom where Harry was sat at the bed. His green eyes burnt into me as I rummaged in the drawers finding a top and pair of jeans to wear. Harry let out a throaty chuckle as jumped up and down pulling the jeans up my legs. I turned away from him picking up my top. I gasped when a pair of strong arms wrapped round my waist. He rested his head on my shoulder as he stood behind me.