A Walk In The Park

Our gloved hands were clasped together, fingers entwined. I looked up at Harry’s face. His sparkly green eyes focused in front of us as we walked in the park. He was wrapped up, just as I was. His grey beanie covering his head, but still a few dark curls managed to escape. A smile began to spread on his face revealing deep dimples in his cheeks.

“What are you looking at?” he asked playfully.

“You.” I bumped my hip into his.

“Oh yeah, and do you like what you see?” He gave me a cheeky wink.

I let go of his hand before sprinting off, laughing. I ran across the grass through piles of rusty coloured, Autumn leaves.

“Teddy, wait up!” I heard him shout behind me.

His longer legs gave him a faster advantage, but I had a head start. My scarf and long hair flung back behind me as the wind blew. Glancing back a laugh escaped my lips when I saw Harry kick up the red an orange leaves. I didn’t get much further when a pair of arms wrapped round my waist, lifting me from the ground.

“Gottcha” he whispered in my ear.

I giggled as my feet made contact with the grass again. I spun round smiling up at him. Harry leaned down closer to my face. Before he could kiss me my index finger lightly tapped him on the nose.

“Oi!”

I tried to run off again but he tackled me to the leaf covered floor. He placed a knee either side of my waist and hovered over me.

“You never actually answered my question.” He grinned.

I looked up at him for a few more seconds.

“I think you’re beautiful.” I almost whispered

He leaned down and placed a soft lingering kiss on my cheek.  I took a breath in, his scent taking over my senses. Harry’s body shielding me from the cold. My fingers tugged lightly at a curl that poked out from under his hat.

“I love your curly hair”.

I watched as it sprang back into place. My fingers slowly trailed down his forehead. He closed his eyes as I ran my index finger over his eyelashes.

“The way your eyes seem to sparkle.”

My path continued down his cheek over the spot where I knew his right dimple would appear when he smiled.

“Your adorable dimples.” I giggled as he smiled, my finger in exactly the right spot.

He laughed at my perfect accuracy. My hand didn’t have to travel far before it reached another of my favourite features.  As my thumb ran over his full lips he gently kissed it.

“Your lips”

My hand glided along his jaw and down his neck. I unzipped his coat slightly, wiggling my fingers into the warmth.

“Your collar bones.”

My soft touch grazed over the skin. I noticed his eyes flutter closed as he let out a sigh. It didn’t last long as we were interrupted by something knocking Harry off to my side. I squealed as a long pink tongue tried to lick over my face. I couldn’t stop laughing as Harry tried to remove the dog from the position he was previously in.

“Jasper!” I heard a woman cry.

Harry kept the dog away long enough for me to “gracefully” get to my feet. He stepped in front of me and bent down slightly, allowing me to jump up for a piggy back. The dog leapt up at Harry, placing its paws on his stomach.