Sleepless Nights

A Harry & Teddy oneshot. 

I had just finished brushing my hair when Harry appeared in the doorway. My vision didn’t stray from his body as he shrugged the coat from his shoulders to reveal his bare torso, a necessary layer to shield him from the chilling wind outside our flat. Harry’s joggers slung low on his hips, kicking his converse from his bare feet.

“It’s all locked up.” He informed me with a knowing smile.

I had worried Harry into going to check that we had remembered to lock the car up before slipping into bed. It seemed a little silly, but the routine action of clicking the automatic lock on the key always seemed to slip my mind.

“Thanks for checking.”

I received a flash of the adorable indents in Harry’s rosy cheeks; the pink a consequence of the winter weather. His hair was slightly dishevelled, ringlets flopping over his forehead. My eyes wandered down the expanse of his chest and stomach, the smooth skin, paler in the colder months of the year.

I replaced my brush to its space on the side before turning back to Harry. Green eyes glittered in amusement as I watched his hand drift up to the wall, long fingers hovering over the light switch. My body hastily moved forward, attempting to reach him, but I was too late.

“No, no, no.” I pleaded before the room was plunged into darkness.

I backed away, bumping into the dresser. I hated when he did this, he knew how I felt about the lack of light. Oh course I recognised Harry would never hurt me it was just a silly game, but it was the anticipation of waiting for him to pounce.

 “Haz?”

The room remained silent, the sound of my breathing beginning to increase. Even in the pitch black I could have sworn Harry would be able to seek me out by the thump of my heart barely being contained in my chest. I shifted slightly to the right, attempting to manoeuvre around the familiar space of our bedroom.

“Seriously Haz, you better not scare me.” I weakly spoke.

Silence.

“I’ll warn you now, you’ll be keeping it in your pants for an undisclosed period of time if you frighten me like you did last night.”

The threat seemed to go on deaf ears. My eyes darted round the pitch black, but it was no use, I couldn’t see a thing. It was times like these I wished I kept a torch within reach.

“We won’t be doing anything fun in this bed for a long time.” I was beginning to get a touch desperate.

Seconds later a pair of arms snaked around my waist from behind. My body jumped as I let out a shriek. Harry’s front pressed firmly to my back, a chill shivered through my entirety as his cool lips pressed to my neck.

“How about on the floor?”

I lightly elbowed him in the ribs, causing him to laugh.

“Alright, alright.”

My bedside light was flicked on, Harry’s grin displaying just how amused he was.

“That was not funny, Styles.” I grumbled.

I walked towards him, his fingers wriggling under my top, palms pressing to my lower back. A squeal escaped my mouth as I jumped back.

“Ah, bloody hell, your hands are cold.” I complained.

“Come and warm me up then.” Harry winked.

Seconds later he turned, making the short sprint to the bed before animatedly diving on top of the duvet. I loved how he could always make me laugh, his playful side not straying too far before making a welcomed appearance.