ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ᥅ 15 || ❁

The half of the day had passed like it always does and I was almost done with working. I was preparing teas and all of that stuff in the kitchen with Ash. Edith was in the bureau next to our kitchen, doing some paperwork.
I served the customer her tea since I wanted to help the server a bit and it was the end of my shift anyways. Tewks walked into the door.
And then something hit me.

„The attack will happen tomorrow, in one of the victims workspace. We found out that the second victim always picks victim one up after work. And that's when we'll attack." The words of the boss echoed in my head.
The victims workspace. It's here. My workspace.
Shit.

"Tewks! They're coming! The assassins. We are their victims." I whispered and his eyes widened.

"Shit! We nee-" but he didn't finish his sentence because he was interrupted by the tea shop's door bursting open.
And there they were standing. 15 trained assassins, ready to kill us. Fun.
They ran inside, some of them ran into the bureau and into the kitchen too. I pulled out my dagger.
Then I heard screams and my blood froze. I ran towards the kitchen, punching every assassin that gets into my way into the face.
And as I reached the kitchen I gasped. Ash was laying in a puddle of blood and there was a dude with a knife. I jumped onto him and stabbed him into the stomach.

"Hold on, Ash!" I said and she nodded. She thankfully only was stabbed into her leg and not into her stomach or heart so she had good chances of surviving. I ran to Edith's bureau and there was another guy but he had a bleeding nose so Edith had fought.
Edith was leaning on the wall and she was stabbed into her shoulder. Fuck. That's even more dangerous. I stabbed the guy into his stomach too and ran to Edith.

"Go Y/n! I'll wait until all of these guys are knocked out or dead." She said with a smile on her face and I nodded.
I ran back to the entrance and I was glad to see that all of the guests had already escaped but then I saw some guys around Tewks, ready to kill him. I jumped onto the guys and stabbed each one of them in a matter of seconds, saving Tewks' life.

"Thanks." he whispered and then we made ourselves onto attacking the rest of the guys. There were like 6 left and I took 5 while Tewks fought 1 with a knife from a stabbed assassin.
And oh boy, I was angry! They almost killed Edith and Ash, the people that helped us and took the risk. My anger turned into new energy and my vision became blurry while my brain turned into auto pilot mode. It was programmed on
Stabbing
Punching
Kicking
Roll away if the opponent stabs back and the same thing from the beginning.
And then they were all on the floor.

"You even beat the one that I was fighting!" Tewks complained but I signalized him to shut up.
It wasn't over yet.
The boss stepped into the room and I gulped. He had a gun.
He stood in front of me and Tewks.

"I'm Spy 2 and I won't fail this mission again." He said with a psycho smile on his face. He raised his gun and made it ready to shoot. I took these two seconds to take the thick cutting board that was laying behind me without the spy noticing.
He aimed onto Tewks' chest and I held the cutting board in front of his chest a second before the spy fired.
The bullet got stuck in the cutting board and didn't touch Tewks. The spy's eyes widened and when he wanted to shoot again I had already pulled my bloody dagger out of his chest and taken the gun out of his hand. He fell to the floor. Lifeless.
I didn't even waste a second.
I ran outside and called a carriage while Tewks carried Ash outside with Edith following heim, holding her shoulder.

"Bring them to the hospital. And carry the girl inside please." I said to the driver and he nodded as I gave him the money.

"Aren't we going with them?" Tewks asked as we watched the carriage drive away.

"No. I'm not going to keep watching the people close to me pay for me having to be so stubborn." I said.
"Get back to the apartment and hide. I'll fight the shadow lord."

"But you don't know who he is!" Tewks said.
I pulled out a letter of my pocket. It was in an envelope and the envelope said:

From: Spy 2
To: William Addington

"Shadow lord isn't good in hiding his identity." I mumbled and Tewks' eyes widened.

"I know him! He's a lord." Tewks said.

"And the dude that paid Sophia to kill us. I will fight him while you hide." I said and Tewks shook his head.

"You're not going alone. I'm coming with you."

"Are you sure? We could get killed." I asked.

"Yup. There isn't a better adventure that I could imagine." Tewks said and winked at me. I just nodded. It was his choice.
I walked up to a boy who was walking with two horses. A white and a black one.

"Would you like to buy a horse? The black one's name is Shadow and the white ones name is Cream." The boy said and I nodded.
I handed him way too much money and his eyes widened. He bowed down and thanked me which made me smile a bit. The horses were saddled so we could just get on them and start riding. In a carriage the ride would take some hours but the horses without a carriage are much faster. It would take us 1 hour to get there.
And then we climbed the horses and rode towards our old home, ready to leave our lives protecting our families.

꧁                   ❀                 ꧂

——————————-
Word count: 1017 words
Hi luvs! So- I'm sorry to say this but this story is finding an end pretty soon. (Don't worry there will be 4 or 5 more chapters and I will publish them ALL today!)
If I decide to write a sequel it would be after my next 2 books that I've planned.
I'm starting a Nico di Angelo book soon and it plays after PJ and HoO. It will be called 'a dark tunnel' and I would love it if you would check it out! (It's a Nico di Angelo x fem!reader.)
Thanks y'all!<3
~Sophie