remeant

remeant
adj. coming back; returning home

The years past and Nyferia held to her word, coming back to Kings Landing every year for her husbands name day. Just a few months after his 18th name day, the two of them were married. Not before the Seven as Alicent had wanted but in traditional Targaryen fashion as Nyferia insisted with Aemond backing her up. They drank from the cup, spilt their lip, marked each other's forehead and cut the palms of their hands to intertwine their blood before kissing to taste each other in the purest form.

After their week long celebration of their marriage and their first night together as a married couple, Nyferia had to say goodbye to her love and leave with her father for battle. He had been training her for all of her life and now she was to fight, everywhere. In the North, for Dorne, over seas, everywhere. She had an army of men and women who fought behind her as given to her by her grandfather but she herself was a one woman army.

Through battle, she got the title of 'The Bloodied Queen' as she would kill men and then lather her body in their blood so when she went to the commander of the enemy, he would know it was her who slaughter his men, a princess. She quite liked it and didn't mind the taste of blood, but she would always prefer her husbands to anyone else's.

But nothing could keep her away from Aemond for long, no matter how much Kings Landing made her feel like she was being consistently watched and the uneasy feelings that she felt towards Flea Bottom, she would return every few months for a few weeks to spend with him. With the help of Diaval, it was much quicker to get there than it would be by horse or boat.

Tonight, she would return to the castle and reunite with her jorrāelagon, have dinner with the Hightower's before joining her fathers new family and her married-into one to decide who would be Lord of Driftmark. With her grandfather in critical condition, it was time to decide who would inherit his title. It had already been decided that Luke would get it but her grand uncle had caused a stir, saying that he should inherit it because he was of 'real Velaryon descent'.

What a whinny bitch.

Before she had to go to the castle, Nyferia decided that she had some unfinished business with someone in Flea Bottom.

***

While the King hadn't been well enough to come down for dinner, the rest of the family was. Aegon had already been gently nursing a chalice of wine as Nyferia would be here tonight and he didn't want to be a complete drunken fool in front of her. Just a little bit of extra courage. Alicent looked like she was going to rip a piece of wood off her arm rests with how hard she was holding onto them.

It was no secret that the Queen despised Nyferia. The younger woman was wild and not as lady like as one married to a prince should be. She hated the way that she fought like a man and her blatant disregard for tradition when it came to her behavior. Helaena seemed to be buzzing with anticipation as she fiddled with her fingers. She was so excited to see her god sister. Despite the opposites in their personalities, the two of them were quite close, something that made Aemond incredibly happy.

The younger prince by the way had done a pretty good job containing his excitement about his wife returning to their home from the lords and ladies around the castle but he couldn't hide from his family. They could all see how his eyes seemed brighter leading up to the date that Nyferia would be returning, how the corners of his lips were quirked up more.