Spring Fling

It was the day of the Spring Fling

It was the day of the Spring Fling. I texted Monty after not seeing him at school.

Paige
Hey baby, where are you?
Monty, I missed you today.
Monty come over after school.
Montgomery, please answer me.
Are we still going to Spring Fling?

He never ended up texting me back. I shrugged it off. Spring Fling was only in a few hours so I decided to take a shower. I got out of the shower, still in my towel, when I heard a pounding at my door.

Monty stood there covered in blood, with a black eye. I gasped out of shock. I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. I hugged him and he cried into my shoulder.

"Monty, what happened?" I asked with a soft tone.

He pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears, wincing in pain when wiping around his black eye.

"Paige I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner. My dad beats the living shit out of me when he gets drunk. Today, he got shitfaced at some bar and came home and found a reason to be angry with me." Monty said with a frown while looking down, ashamed.

"Monty, I had no idea." I said apologetically.

"It's fine, I'm used to it. Now, Spring Fling is in an hour, you go get dressed, while I clean myself up, okay?" Monty said standing up.

"Monty? Are you sure you still wanna go?" I asked him.

"If you're there, I'll be okay." He said.

I listened to his offer and got changed into my dress. I pulled my hair back in a half up half down type of style. And then did my makeup.

Monty walked out of the bathroom, cleaned up, besides the black eye, wearing a button down shirt and some khakis.

I smiled as we both stared at each other.

"Woah, you look perfect." Monty said. "Everytime I see you, I fall for you all over again."

"My handsome man." I said walked over to Monty, cupping his face in my hands before kissing him.

We left, and Spring Fling awaited us. Once we got there me and Monty began to socialize. Someone had spiked the punch and it was just a fun night.

The Night We Met by Lord Huron began to play, and a bunch of people went up to Clay Jensen and hugged him on the dance floor.

As the song continued, me and Monty slow danced with another. While I danced with him I felt like it was only me and him in the room.

We kept dancing the night away, and drinking the punch. I got a little more than tipsy and started to dance more sexually against Monty.

After I started to dance more sexual, Monty decided I needed a break. He took me to the bleachers and sat me down. We sat and chatted until Monty said he'd be right back.

He got up and walked out of the gym. My body began to feel jittery and I didn't wanna sit anymore. So I got up and went to the dance floor.

As I danced by myself, I felt a body press against mine. It was a guy, and he was hard. He kept grinding against me and started to touch my body more. Grabbing my boobs and ass.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I heard Monty yell.

He pushed the man off of me. Bryce Walker later on the ground of the gym with a smile plastered across his face.

"Cmon Monty, what's mine is yours." He said trying to grab me again.

"Do it, see what happens." Monty irked.

Bryce stood up and went to grab me again and Monty tackled him. He sat on top of Bryce punching no matter what.

It reminded me of my fight with Courtney. I saw myself in Monty.

"Monty get off of him!" I yelled, but Monty didn't listen.

Monty kept punching Bryce, till his face looked almost unrecognizable. Monty looked up for a second, and I saw the rage in his eyes.

"Montgomery stop it!" I yelled before running out of the gym, crying.

I was glad he was mad at Bryce for what he was doing, but I was scared of my boyfriend, my best friend. I ran to the locker room and turned on the showers to cold. And i stood under a cold shower until I called down.

All of a sudden my phone starts ringing, it was my mom. I debated if I should answer it, but then again, I haven't seen my mom and dad in a while. I turned off the showers and I picked it up.

"He love, I'm so sorry we haven't been home recently. We went on a business trip in New York City and me and your father found a house up here that we are very interested in buying. However, we would need to see the house in Evergreen." She said over the phone.

"Mom, I- I have to move?" I asked her. I didn't wanna leave Scott and Monty. Sure, I was in the schools locker room crying because of Monty, but that didn't mean I wanted to leave him.

"If we do buy the house over here, we're gonna have to put the house up for sale by the end of this week, and you'll need to be on a flight here by the end of this week as well." my mom continued.

"Okay. I'll do it." I told her. I needed family, and me and Monty could do long distance. And for Scott, well, if he really wanted to see me, he would just fly to me.

"Okay sweetie. I'll see you later this week. I love you." she said, hanging up the phone before I could say anything else.

I hugged myself on the ground. I started to silently cry. I didn't want to leave Monty. He was the best thing that happened to me. But then I remembered what happened not to long ago.

"Paige?" a voice called out. "Paigey!"

It was Monty, I could recognize his voice from a mile away. I say up a bit and he spotted me. He immediately rushed over to me and asked what happened.

"Monty, you scared me back there."

"Im sorry Paige."

"It's not your fault. I also just got news that I have to move to New York."

"Wait? You're leaving? When?"

"By the end of this week." I told him before starting to cry again.

"Monty I don't wanna leave you." I said crying.

Monty hugged me, and then gave me a small kiss.