Extra Girly Shit

It had been three days since me and Monty had officially became a couple

It had been three days since me and Monty had officially became a couple. I was over the moon. I went to Jeff's grave to tell him. I liked the idea that Jeff could hear me.

There were 3 days till Spring Fling and I needed a dress. However, girls at school don't really like me. My only "girlfriends" were Scott and Monty.

I sat on my bed staring at the ceiling. I was thinking about how Jeff will never get to see me experience typical teenage girl things.

I started to laugh to myself. God, I missed Jeff so much.

I rolled over to my side and I facetimed Scott.

"Paige, why are you calling me?" He asked me.

"Because I wanted to call you?" I answered him sarcastically.

"Paige, I'm kind of busy at the moment, can we talk later?" Scott said, signaling to his mom who waved at me.

"Scott this'll be quick." I said before he had a chance to hang up or anything.

"Fine, what's up." Scott said with a slight sigh.

"I need you to go dress shopping with me. I don't have many friends and I can't go with Monty, so will you please?" I asked him, almost pleading he'd say yes.

"I'll think about it." Scott said before hanging up the call.

I watched as the call ended and then saw the time. 7:30. How was it still kind of early? I got out of bed and put a pair of leggings on, while wearing another one of Jeff's hoodies.

I went downstairs and put on a pair of tennis shoes and left my house. I walked the mile and a half to Monets. I figured why not. Monty wasn't with me tonight, apparently the guys wanted to hang out with him.

I walked into Monets and walked to the counter. I was greeted by Justin Foley. We were acquaintances, but we also weren't friends.

"Hey Foley." I said smiling at him.

"Hey Atkins, what can I get you tonight?" Justin asked.

"Just a simple hot chocolate." I said smiling at him. Monets was very slow right now, me being the only costumer there.

"My treat, don't bother." Justin said, turning down my money.

I smiled and walked to a table. That's when Zach and Luke came into Monets. They were clearly high.

"Dude, you know what I realized?" Luke asked Zach.

A high Zach held two drinks in his hands and asked back, "What?"

Luke let out a laugh and took a sip from his drink. "Monty is only fucking that crazy bitch Paige because he can now. Now that Jeff is long gone he could finally get his hands in her pants."

I heard all of that. And I walked out of the coffee shop, remaining unnoticed. As I got out of the coffee shop I started to cry. Was that all he wanted? To fuck me?

I turned off my phone and walked around the town of Evergreen. Till I found myself at home, crying to myself silently.

The next day at school I avoided the baseball team. Specifically Monty.

I skipped the classes we had together and didn't go to lunch, I stayed away.

The school day had ended and I saw Monty laughing with Luke. I knew I shouldn't have been upset by that, but seeing him laugh with the guy who claimed I was used for sex, if made me upset. I started to cry, so I left the building.

I went to Jeff's grave where I just cried. I didn't speak any words, didn't give any looks, I just cried. If what Luke said was true, there was no point in going to Spring Fling.

I called Scott telling hi. to forget about dress shopping and Scott didn't listen. He told me I had to go to Spring Fling.

The next day felt like nothing, tomorrow would be the day before Spring Fling, and I still didn't know if Month was using me.

After school, Scott and I went dress shopping. I found a beautiful dress. It was black on the top, and off the shoulder. It met with a belt before pouring into the pink skirt. The skirt went just past my kneecaps, and had black polka dots on it.

"Monty is gonna lose his shit when he sees you." Scott said with a smile.

"I hope." I said with a sigh.

Scott gave me a questioning look.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked me.

"It's just, uhm, is Monty just using me for sex, because he can?" I said not making eye contact with Scott at all.

"What? Monty using you?" Scott asked very baffled.

"Paige, Monty has been head over heels for you since freshman year. He's not using you, the guys are just jealous that you're with Monty and not them." Scott reassured me.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Also he told me he's liked me since sophomore year."

"Then he lied to you Paige." Scott laughed.

We left the dress shop and went back to my house. I painted my nails a light pink to mag b the skirt on my dress. Then I begged Scott to let me paint his nails, till he finally gave in.