Episode Seven

*Trigger Warning: Blood/Death*

Both the Emperor and his men finally reached the small town after camping in the woods for two days. 

They all had to walk on foot since there was no path big enough for the carriage to fit through that led to their designation. 

Unfortunately, It was their only option even though it was not ideal. 

Some parts of the Tang Empire lacked infrastructure, and the outer ring was no exception.

 Only poverty awaits those who live there.

When the group arrived they were all ecstatic to finally reach human civilization. 

It had felt like ages since they made human contact.

Living in the wilderness can take a toll on a person's physical and mental state, especially when you're forced to deal with his majesty 24/7. 

He can be a handful to deal with, especially with his relentless temper that was on par with the gods. 

The large group took in their surroundings, memorizing each fine detail that would be essential for future gain. 

The town that they arrived at did not meet the standards that they were used to back home.

 It looked run down like a ghost town compared to the heart of the Kingdom they were used to, enriched with lavish things. 

It was remarkably different, making everyone on alert. 

You never know what could happen in a foreign land much less your own where you have a target on the back of your head.

There was a mixture of structures that littered the streets on both sides. 

They looked like they had seen better days, crumbling against the age of time, taking a toll on the foundation that seemed unstable.

 Rot had engulfed the wood, taking its sweet time until there was nothing left but the remains of the past. 

There were a few exceptions in the compact town that was buzzing with life from the commoners that lived within its borders. 

There were a few buildings that looked to be in better condition than the rest.

 Everyone in the party believed that those must have belonged to those who had wealth, taking advantage of the poor until there was nothing left but ashes blowing in the wind of extortion.

 The surroundings around them confirmed that they had made it to their designation where the poorest of the poor lived...The Outer Ring.

People around them stared in awe at the large group that stood out like a sour thumb amongst the common folk. 

Their attire said it all, screaming noble blood, especially with the men dressed in armor. 

The onlookers wondered why someone of high status would ever step foot in the Outer Ring which was a playground for the seven deadly sins. 

This land was consumed with misdeeds.

 Their minds raced with multiple scenarios that could be plausible; however, they were flabbergasted when their eyes landed on the crest that was stitched in the leader's clothing.

 Fear instantly filtered through their eyes when they realized who was before them. 

They immediately bowed in respect, hoping to be forgiven for their rudeness and for not noticing beforehand that the group belonged to royalty.