Prologue

Midnight was drawing near in the capital, engulfing the populated city in darkness. 

The night sky looked like it had come straight out of a painting of a classic fairytale.

 It was definitely a sight to behold by onlookers. 

The night sky looked to be created by the gods themselves, each one going into fine detail with their craftsmanship, wanting to create a masterpiece for all to enjoy with the stroke of a paintbrush.

A black ruby granite had become the perfect silhouette to highlight the full moon that only showed itself once a month by playing a game of hide and seek. 

The sky was exceedingly clear to the human eye to where an individual could see every star that littered Earth's atmosphere from the surface of their own two feet. 

The moon was glowing a yellowy white and seemed vast in size compared to other things around it that looked like mere ants from up above.

 It was surrounded by an eternal glow, forever lighting up the busy streets of the Tang Empire, along with the lanterns flickering in the howling wind.

Houses with curved roofs were lined up on every corner of the thoroughfare, warding off evil spirits who wished to harm those who were living. 

Each house had its own separate personality, honoring those before and after with engraved doors, representing the beliefs of the people in full blossom.

Strangers from all types of backgrounds walked past one another.

 Some from diplomatic standing, and some who were born from the lowest of the low. 

They each had their own separate missions that needed to be completed before a new day arose.

 Most individuals sought refuge in a women's bed, while others sought out mystery; therefore, they did not pay attention to their surroundings by ignoring what was in front of them.

They were in their one little world until they heard an enchanting sound that brought them back to reality. 

They all stopped in their tracks, their curious eyes traveling toward the direction of the breathtaking chime that caught their fancy, and noticed a crowd had slowly formed around a strange individual.

Their feet began to move like they had a mind of their own, wondering what was making that sound that was beautiful to the ear.

 All plans for the rest of the night went out the window, and it was all because of a mysterious masked individual who only showed himself every full moon.

*A/Note:

Hello, Everyone!

It has been a while since I've been on this app. I'm very excited to finally have free time to write to my heart's content. This story has been edited and will update each week. Sorry to keep you guys hanging.