Chapter 1

A cobalt blue hedgehog dashed, blue against white. The crisp, fluffy, powdery snow crunched against the crimson shoes of this mysterious hedgehog. The hedgehog's name was Sonic. Sonic the hedgehog. He was the blue hero of the local town. He was searching for his best friend. A golden furred, two tailed fox kit with sky blue eyes, he had gotten lost in the snow while fighting Eggman and his robots. Sonic froze as he saw the snow wriggling a few meters off, he watched as a golden fox tail poked out of the snow. The worried hedgehog ran over to it and began digging in the snow, using his signature spindash to scoop the snow away from his fluffy friend. He dragged his little buddy onto the top of the snow and began roughly stroking his fur to warm him up. The younger one began to twitch and opened his eyes which shone like bright, blue, dazzling diamonds. "Hey lil' buddy, lets get you home." The older being said, picking up the smaller, bedraggled, now sleeping form of his younger brother.

(:)

Sonic watched as the covers moved and a cute little black nose peeked out. "How ya doin' Tails?" The hedgehog spoke in a worried tone that was tinted with relief. The kit poked it's fluffy head out from under the silky covers, it was shivering slightly even though the covers were thick. "I'm fine, how are you?" Tails questioned the older brother who's quills were in bunches, he had black bags under his eyes and he looked really dirty. Some of his azure blue quills scattered the floor and the younger brother sighed. "You've been quilling again." He stated, "You were that stressed?" The older one nodded, another quill falling out. "You don't have to stress anymore. I'm okay, aren't I?" His amber bangs fell in his face and he pushed them out of his light blue eyes but as he sneezed, they fell back over his face. "Okay, maybe I have a slight cold.." Sonic felt his head and withdrew his paw quickly. "You don't have a cold, you have a fever." He stated. The blue eyes widened, shocked at the news. Suddenly the young cub held his head with a gloved paw and let out a groan. The azure hedgehog grabbed paracetamol and a glass of water, giving it to the sick pup. Tails swallowed it without a second thought, lying back down quickly at the pain in his head. He curled up under the duvet and closed his eyes, falling asleep. Sonic smiled, his signature grin spread across his tan muzzle, he went and sat it a comfy chair and drifted into the slumber world....

(:)

Emerald green eyes opened, cobalt quills raised at the ready, mouth a tense line. The hedgehog sighed, the sun reflecting in his grass green eyes. He looked over to the bed, the whimpers coming from the vulpine who lay, curled under them. The azure hedgehog strode over to the little kit, pulling back the off-white covers and stroking his amber back. The cub purred at the touch, opening his sky blue eyes. Innocent orbs looked up at the blue hero. The golden ears twitched, triangular, dark nose quivered. The older brother watched as the young kit let out a yawn, revealing his little fangs, his amber tails twitching as he closed his eyes as he fell asleep.

(:)

When the kit woke up, Sonic was in the kitchen. Ignoring the fact that the older one told him to stay in bed, he got out. Paws padded across the room, stopping at the door, opening it and continued on. The kit tripped over with a yell, his world going black but his eyes still open with an expression of shock.