Chapter 6 - The Red Luggage

MARCUS POV

The meeting will start at 9 am and Anne did not come down at the lobby yet, it was past 30 minutes from 8; after I took a bath I  went down to eat breakfast and drink coffee while waiting for her change and get ready. I am slowly going impatient, I tried calling her a few times and then suddenly she appeared wearing a mini skirt and a fitted long-sleeved polo. I have never seen her wore something like that ever before. I am surprised she does now, I guess she did it for the presentation, for her motives of gaining the project. But I don't like how I feel looking at her; she looks sexy and awesome that any man wouldn't be able to take his eyes on her. But yeah, a girl like her would do anything to get herself on a man's pants.

ANNE'S POV

I have nothing to wear because after all this wasn't my luggage, I just hope I could find something that would actually fit me.  All the garments are in size medium and they we're all so sexy, what would Marcus think of me then if I happen to wear one of them; they were all so tight. What would the clients think of me? I am running out of time and I must quickly change. I don't have a choice but to pick a medium sized long-sleeved polo, and a pencil cut black mini skirt. It's the only decent skirt I found there, I don't have any choice either, I can only hope that we would be able to close the deal today. I went down and I saw Marcus' looks so pissed. When I came near him I saw how disgusted his glares are to me, maybe he thinks I wore this on purpose because he doesn't believe me that I lost my luggage.

MARCUS POV

The car ride was silent, this car was a rented one, so i could use while I am here, Since I am the one driving it, I allowed Anne to sit beside me; she looked uncomfortable with what she wore, why would she wore that in the first place? that goes to show that she is doing everything she could to win or even catch a dirty old man, and I just laughed at the thought. We will be meeting first some suppliers and engineers before we can finally meet the owner. We arrived at the restaurant, it was located at a sea bay. I walked ahead as Anne was following me, As I was getting closer to the conference room, I realized that most of the personnel's we are meeting today were men. And Anne might already knew about this numbers and she is really competing against me. 

ANNE'S POV

Before we left for the island; me and Marcus and Sr. Montenegro agreed that both of us will have a chance to present our ideas for the hotel construction that is gonna happen sooner; the design and the costing, so that the engineers and suppliers can chose between us, the one who will get the highest votes would win for the design. Before we fly here, I had sleepless nights planning the design and cost, that's why I am a bit excited too and grateful for the chance given.

MARCUS' POV

Anne's seems so passionate while discussing, her eyes shimmer with excitement and enthusiasm, yet she did not notice how those men at the boardroom drool over her behind. What? is this her way of sending them for a yes! Then that's bullshit!!! 

One of the engineers occasionally askes her questions for the design, with the urge to ask her to come nearer to him. Her design and her idea was good but I hate how she does her dirty tricks.

ANNE'S POV

When Marcus started discussing, I was in awe, he had also prepared so hard for the project, her idea was intelligently crafted and he has a very good design. He sounded professional and my idea was nothing compared to him. I could say I don't deserve to be his wife not even to become a fake one. Oh No! What was I thinking? why would I think that way? When even in fake and pretentions I don't ever deserved him.

MARCUS' POV

The meeting ended with them and we would wait for roughly a week for their votes. As we were exiting the conference I saw Anne getting caught up with one of the engineers. I wasn't even surprised, she always has her ways, what a bitch!! Even if the people knew her she's my wife, but the nerve of her to flirt. What a disgrace!!! I will leave her and let her do her bitchy thing. I have no time for her nonsense. I need to meet the owner.

ANNE'S POV

After some discussion, finishing touches about the design, Marcus immediately got out of the conference room, I immediately followed him when one of the engineers called my attention that Marcus' left his IPAD, so I went back in and took it, for I know most of his files was there. When I went out of the conference room he was gone already and left. And I forgot that all my things was in the car, my phone and my wallet and I don't have money to pay for a cab. I asked for several persons I meet on the parking lot and they told me that the place I'm heading to is a bit far and public vehicles won't pass by this area so I need to walk out of the alley and wait for a cab or train to the villa address.

MARCUS' POV

I arrived back to the villa to meet the owner and the goal was to close the deal immediately. I noticed that all of Anne's stuff were at the front sit of my car and I'm sure she had no money, but yeah she had her ways so she'll be fine. I pulled at the garage and hurried to the kiosk's garden to meet finally Mrs. Smith, the villa owner. When I almost reached the table where she was seated I remembered my IPAD so I went back to the car and fetched it. But when I arrived at my car the IPAD was not even there so I went back to the kiosk, I need to asked Mrs. Smith for permission to go back to the restaurant where we had the meeting earlier, maybe I left my IPAD there. When I was near the kiosk I saw Anne had arrived, she looks tired and haggard as if he run 10KM ride, I overheard Mrs. Smith telling her "I bet you ran all the way here." "ahh-yee-ss maam, I need to arrive--- on time, because the IPAD of Mr. Marcus is with meee." she answered catching her breath. "Not just you look tired but I know this particular area of the island has few public transportation vehicle." And she just smiled at the old lady. "Your shoes were already worn out." The old lady added, Then I glanced at her shoes they were actually worn out. Then Mrs. Smith saw me, she called up for me and Anne immediately changes her mood, her eyes looked tired but she plastered a cheerful smile on her face to me, she handed me the IPAD and told me that one of the engineers saw it and called for her attention awhile ago.

ANNE'S POV

After returning the IPAD to Marcus, Mrs. Smith told us to join her at the table for a tea. I know Marcus must have been tired but he's still working so hard so I must not also complain. And yes its true I walked from the restaurant to the villa because I don't have a choice; I don't have a money and my phone was not with me, I need to arrive on time for the meeting.

Mrs. Smith told us about about her love-story as married couple in an arrange marriage she never expected would blossom, and how she felt we would be the same. I felt awkward and ashamed because never have I imagined that Marcus would soon fall in love with me. I just looked down and listened to Mrs. Smith.

MARCUS' POV

And Mrs. Smith finally said yes to us. But yeah, their love story part was boring for I also do not intend to fall in love with a girl like Anne. We are finishing the tea, when Mrs. Smith asked how it taste, It taste good and Anne agreed. "Well, the tea was made of ginseng and some sex enhancement that may be good for both of you, I bet later tonight you will have a chance to to consummate your wedding." Anne looked at Mrs. Smith and asked "what do you mean by consummate?" I almost spilled my tea when the old woman answered "Sex, don't you do it like daily?" Anne's face was all red and minutes after the old woman started laughing looking at us. She dismissed us and we went back to the room to rest.

ANNE'S POV

We head back to our room and still I can't believe that Mrs. Smith really told us all those things. It's so embarrassing and I can't even looked at Marcus, though he doesn't care at all but I don't want him to think that I have intentions of like that towards him. We arrived at our room and I stayed at one side where the sofa was placed, so that he can do what he wanted to do because I'm sure he is tired and he might need his space. After he took a bath and head out for bed I started to fixed my things because our flight is tomorrow and I'm sorry for the luggage owner because I used her things.

MARCUS' POV

Morning came and we head to the airport as we are about to board on the plane, the staff came rushing towards us carrying our luggage. She immediately apologizes because a mistake happened; Anne's luggage was exchanged with the marketing staff for Prada's giveaway luggage. Anne immediately accepts and forgave the staff and bid her to go.  Sometimes I cant really understand her, she carried her luggage to our private seats and she just sat there looking at the window, well she wasn't really lying when she told me it's not her luggage and she doesn't own those clothes, but who knows what her clothes really looked like, must be more daring than what she had to wear at the villa.