Chapter 5 - Close Deal

*** PS. I am very happy that we are rank 27 for #LOVEANDHATE. I promised to be a better writer and will upload chapters faster. The next chapters will be exciting. Stay tuned.

MARCUS POV

Everyone was in a hurry for a Monday morning, a new business meeting will be set to happen for the new business venture my father had planned, thus a team will be prepared to go to the site for checking and finalization, with the hope of a close deal. And I am sure that I would be leading the team then, for this is the first project my dad had entrusted me to manage. The meeting started at 9 am and I have discussed everything there is that the team needs to learn about the site and the plans. When it's time to choose the team, my dad then step up.

ANNE'S POV

And just like that my jaw dropped hearing Sr. Montenegro telling us that only me and Marcus would go to the site first; because the owner and old business woman wanted to make a deal with a couple, she preferred Marcus and wife to visit the hotel site. But I am pretty sure Marcus won't allow it to happen and the travel to the site with me is not possible.

MARCUS POV

I did not answered back yet during the meeting that's why I furiously hurried to his office after the meeting, I need to tell him that I don't agree to anything he had discussed earlier. As I was walking the corridor towards my dad's office I heard some staff at the office talked about Anne that she always had her ways with my father no matter what.  She also had the best opportunity always, it got me angrier because I also wondered why? and how would she be able to do that? How bitch is she for sneaking around my father like that? As I entered my father's office and I was about to get mad, he plastered a very big smile and spoke first, "I know you really wanted this project and you would do anything to close the deal, right?" I calmed down a bit realizing that everything he had said is true. "But I also wanted Anne to have a chance that's why I sent her with you, we already misjudged her a month ago, with her proposal right?". I was about to react as my brows started to meet, but I also acknowledge the fact that it was true and it was my fault. "Son, I am not doing this to pissed you or any hopes of you being romantically involved with Anne, because I know you won't. But I wanted to give her a chance."

ANNE'S POV

I saw Marcus got out from his father's office as I was going to the pantry for a coffee, I tried to look away but he went straight to my direction and told me, "Get ready, we'll be flying to the Island this weekend." He had this serious look on his face and I could tell he was a bit pissed, although I already planned to ask Sr. Montenegro that I will decline his instructions and offer so that Marcus could work peacefully without me.

MARCUS POV

Night came and I had to make some reports and presentations and in 3 days time we'll fly to the Island for the deal we are trying to close. My goal was to really bring the contract back signed and sealed and to buy the property. I went home late and as I was entering the house I heard my dad and Anne talking, "I think Marcus would be more comfortable without me sir." As Anne was saying to my dad, my dad answered "Don't think that I am doing this to better your relationship with Marcus." I saw Anne's facial reaction in shocked, "Whhh--aat, Noo-ooo.. I am not -- eee-xxxpecti--ng thaa---t a--also sir.. I know Maa-rc--ccuuss.. won't evee---er think... abou-t me-e that wa--ay al-ssooo." Good thing she finally realizes it. "I know that Anne, But I am doing this so you could also showcase your talents and I know you worked so hard for the company. I want you to show them why you earned that position. Who knows you and Marcus would both run the company in the future as a colleague." My dad added and my eyes widened hearing those, I was about to cut them off with their conversation when Anne spoke, "Ohhh-- Nooo-ooo Noooo.. I-i-i don't intend to sir, he deserves everything he has now and what he can acquire in the future... I---i--i just need a job si--r, that's all.." That bitch really? she sures know how to play it.