Chapter 2 - The Presentation

MARCUS'S POV

We never get a chance to see each other after the wedding, even at home. Maybe, she was avoiding me and that seems perfect. Cus if she wont stop her romantic desires of me, then I'll be the one to cut it off. She was never ashamed that she already had this horrific reputation at the office; she is the "talk of the town" here for getting all the privileges and favors, even projects at project biddings but now that I'm here, there's gonna be a game changer.

ANNE'S POV

Today marks the monthly meeting for an upcoming project, we will be fighting for the top spot, we usually do presentations in front of our superiors, and with all the knowledge and resources we had, our aim is to make it to the top and win the project. Though this  is one of the days in a month that im excited, this is also one of the days i hated. Because even if I tried so hard to work on my presentations; most of my colleagues wont appreciate it, they would only think that, all the projects I won was not because I did my best but because I did something the other way around. It saddens me to think that they all looked at me that way and now, I am much more scared and nervous that Marc is joining the pannels.

MARCUS'S POV

I was entering the conference room when I heard some IT staffs murmuring at our pantry.  I heard that Anne always have a good presentation and the other girls at the office hated her. So they wanted her to fail, but they are afraid to do something on Anne's presentation, given the fact that she is dad's favorite. I interupted them giving them a go signal on their plans, i wanted to see her fail,  and I wanted her to shatter to ground, to remind her where she belongs. She acts likes she owns this place, but now that I am here, I will remind her where should she be.

ANNE'S POV

I felt a bit nervous and excited as well. I worked so hard for this presentation like everyone else; sleepless nights and exhausting research, finally I get to share my ideas to everyone. I stood confidently when its my turn, I tried playing the file I sent to our IT department this morning but it wont work. I contemplated if I would excuse myself and get my back up usb on my table at the second floor, and we are at the conference room on the fifth floor, that would take up alot of time, and they would see it as a favor. So instead of getting my back up, I endured a few minutes trouble shooting the file, and it finally played. But everyone drop a jaw seeing the images that played on screen, I feel like bursting into tears, when Sr. Montenegro called for the IT's and reset the said file. I walked back to my sit and wondered what happened.

MARCUS POV

I instructed the IT staffs to put some phorno images on the report; they were shocked actually, I just explained that we wanted the same results, to humiliate Anne and it would be a fair fight. I almost choked to laughter when she confidently walks to the front not knowing what we'll come up. I am excited to see her struggle, till she played it. Images of a woman naked at an offce came up. She must have realizes its her. She looked at the people at the conference room, and I made sure she saw me smirked. 

ANNE'S POV

I am pacing out the whole time at the conference room while the meeting was on going, till they announced that Lucas, our sales manager won the project with his project proposal. I am wondering what happened to my presentation, until Ms. Smith, the office secretary adjourned the meeting. I went to my table and texted Sr. Montenegro if I could send my back up file of presentation to him, and ask for advice on how to improved it next time. Because little did everyone know, Marcus' father stood as my father when my father became ill and died. He also taught me about business because he was hoping that Marcus' and me could run the business just like our father's did, he wished to have me by Marcus' side to make sure he has someone to trust while running the industry, as to him it is very important to have just at least a person who can back you up in this cruel life and industry. He didn't even noticed that Marcus' is really disgusted of my presence and he's hopes are very impossible to happed.