Welcome to Atlantis

'Holy shit...' Kait swore in her head, as she took one look at the Stargate. Her head whipped around... her eyes were wide and her face a mask of awe and terror.

"They're waiting over on Atlantis, Dr. Nichols. You'd best not keep them waiting." General O'Neill said, gesturing towards the gate, as she gulped and nodded, hoisting her bags over her shoulder. In one was obviously clothing, including extra Atlantis uniforms, and spare shirts, jeans, shorts, a few dresses. You know, the basics. In the other one, filled to the brim, were various books, a few texts on Ancient technology that very few people had ever owned, some less serious reading material, and of course her trusted computer, and the new tablet that SG:C had generously given her, telling her that her own ancient Alienware beast would not be needed. She had still insisted on bringing it, mind you since the strange tablet didn't even seem to work. And of course, her toiletries and make up was also there.

She closed her eyes and entered the event horizon...

-

Meanwhile:

"You know, I don't know why we need to be here waiting. If this new scientist Stargate Command is sending can't even be prompt on their arrival time, then why should we give them the time of day to have some fancy welcome?" McKay grumbled as he shifted from one foot to another. Dr. Weir shot him another stern look.

"Because, Rodney, you and Zelenka need to be here to meet the newest member of your department." Elizabeth simply said, as he rolled his eyes.

As he moved to shift and get comfortable from the control area, someone walked through the event horizon.

"Awfully small, for a guy." McKay commented, as Zelenka squinted.

"Rodney, I'm not sure that is a guy."

"Well of course it is, Radek, the file said K.Nichols, the only K. Nichols who would even be qualified to be here is Kevin Nichols, a highly intelligent man, although why they would send a doctor of natural sciences is beyond me. And I had heard he died, but you know how that goes."

"No, Rodney, it doesn't 'go' like that on Earth and you know it..." Zelenka said, shaking his head. Of course, Rodney ignored him.

Dr. Weir headed down the stairs to meet their newest addition, smiling and shaking their hand. There appeared to be short hair and a semi-stocky build on the newcomer, and she lead them up the stairs.

"Dr. McKay, Zelenka, I'd like you to meet Dr. Kaitlyn Nichols, a physicist and archaeologist, who has studied Ancient technology and also is an ATA gene carrier. Kaitlyn, this is Dr. Rodney McKay and Dr. Radek Zelenka."

"Kaitlyn?" McKay said confused, as Kait, from behind Dr. Weir, pulled her military hat off and shrugged off the jacket that made her look bulky.

"Oh thank god I can get this garbage off... SG:C insisted I wear the stupid military hat and coat, in case something went wrong." She said as she shook her brunette hair from the stiff position it was in thanks to the hat. She brushed off her pants, and extended her hand to Radek and Rodney, who still looked slightly flabbergasted.

"It's a pleasure." Zelenka said, throwing a smirk at Rodney. As she turned to look around, Zelenka mouthed 'Told you." to Rodney, making him grumble.

"Can you two show her the labs? I would go with you but I have some other stuff that I need to see to." Elizabeth said, as Radek nodded.

"Sure. Come on, Dr. Nichols." He said, and she nodded, tugging her bags back on her shoulder.

-

McKay was still trying to figure this one out, since they hadn't sent new female scientists in a while, and they hadn't planned to simply because of the increased threat of the Wraith. No one had wanted to put a woman in danger.