Chapter 3: The Gift of Maud Pie

What a delightful day for (Y/N) and his two girlfriends, Pinkie Pie and Rarity as they are on the Ponyville Express taking a road trip to the big city of Manehattan. Rarity's businesses in both Ponyville and Canterlot have been going extremely well, so she decided that she should expand her business in another popular city as well. Not just that, Pinkie Pie was excited to meet up with her stoic, but loving big sister, Maud Pie and (Y/N) couldn't say no to coming along as he said he wanted to ask Maud for something as well.

Inside of the train, a couple of passengers were reading inside. . . and Pinkie Pie pops up between the pair, startling them and several other riders considerably as she hops about in an extremely excited mood.

Pinkie Pie: ♪ We're going to Manehattan, we're going to Manehattan, we're going to Manehattan. . .! ♪

She ends with a bend-over-backwards maneuver that brings her face to face with (Y/N) and Rarity as the latter is using her magic to work a file across one hoof.

(Y/N): *relaxed sigh* The city of Manehattan. Big, busy, diverse, prestigious, and perfect place for a road trip, eh Rares?

Rarity: Yes, yes, Manehattan, the height of sophistication, elegance, culture. . . 

(Y/N) turns to Rarity a little confused as normally Rarity is one to be super excited about going somewhere like Manehattan. Rarity sets the file down and blows away some dust, then smiles.

Rarity: Since my boutique in Canterlot has been doing so nicely, it only makes sense for me to open one there as well.

Up with the file for a moment as Pinkie bounds upright with a squeal.

Pinkie Pie: *squeals* We're almost there! Why doesn't your face look like this?! Eee. . .

She demonstrates "this" by stretching her own cheeks back until every tooth is exposed in an ear-to-ear grin, adding another little squeal to drive the point home.

Rarity: Oh, Pinkie, dear, this is just a business trip for me. 

Pinkie rearranges her face into a frown.

Rarity: I need to scour the city for the most perfect location for my new shop.

Another pull, and the frown becomes a bored one. (Y/N) looks at Rarity with a smirk as he rolls his eyes before turning towards Pinkie as he uses his hooves to rearrange Pinkie's face back to a smile.

(Y/N): Watch this.

He then looks back towards Rarity who continues to speak.

Rarity: And while it's lovely how excited you are, there's absolutely no chance of me getting swept into the–

Any further words are interrupted as (Y/N) grabs Rarity's head with one hoof and turns it towards the window as a lung-bursting gasp suddenly comes from Rarity as she catches sight of Manehattan's high rises passing by her window. She then stares raptly out with a new enthusiasm of her own.

Rarity: -energy, the beauty, the majesty of the greatest city in all of Equestria!!

(Y/N): *rolls eyes* *mocking Rarity* Oh, Manehattan. What you do to me.

He said in a mocking tone of Rarity's voice while smirking back at Pinkie who only giggles in response.

All three of them have soon arrived at the station as they all have gotten off the train and Rarity flings open the doors with her magic and sighs contentedly as (Y/N) and Pinkie catch up to her.

Rarity: *sighs* This city's simply a-ma-zing~! It's just. . . everything, ever!

Pinkie Pie: And it's about to get everything ever-er! Because guess who I see!