Episode 1A: Woe-fore art thou Wednesday?

A/N: Can't wait for S2 so I'll make my own. Gonna try to keep it as canon compliant from Season 1 as I can. For those who care about ships, I do have plans for Wenclair but I hope you like a crock pot slow cooker cause that's what you're getting babes. You'll obvie have to deal with Ajax/Enid having/had feelings for each other (as well as me dealing/resolving the rest of this accursed love pentagon XP), again I'm being canon compliant. And that also means me trying to pace it more like the TV show (so enjoy my "episode" format).

Oh yeah OC warning, cause like......I kinda have to? It's not like we have a lot of characters and we'll need new people for new things. XP

Didn't know I'd be publishing it roughly right when Netflix announced S2! Was going to publish this when I knew I got ep 2 done but eh, que sera sera.

Anyway, not beta read, we'll live or die by my disembodied hands! ;w;/

____________________________________________________________________________

It was a cold late-January day, the last of the students were bustling through the gates of Nevermore, excited for the new school semester to come. Students said their goodbyes to their families, some more hastily than others. One such student was Enid Sinclair, a late bloomer werewolf at Nevermore.

"Ok sweetie, chin up, fangs on, claws out!" Enid's mother adjusted the collar of Enid's clothes.

"C'mon give us a growl," Enid's four older brothers howled.

Enid groaned inwardly, shooting her claws out and making a 'rawring' motion with them, "Grrr...." She attempted to growl, but only exceeded with placid enthusiasm.

She was a bright and cheerful girl who never, or at least usually, let anything hold her back.... even if said things were her older brothers and overbearing mother. Again, usually.

"Oh, you can do better than that!" her mother scoffed, rapping Enid's shoulder lightly, "Well.... never mind. I've learned to tamper my expectations." She then patted down Enid's newly long bangs, making sure it framed and covered the left side of her daughter's face just right.

Enid held back from rolling her eyes. She just needed to last a few more seconds and she could finally be free.

"Now you listen here, it's a new start of the new year, a lot can change! A lot changed last year, so-" Enid just nodded her head to whatever her mother was saying. It was probably something Enid heard a thousand times over the winter vacation anyway.

And did Enid have a very long winter vacation, both in a metaphorical sense and literal. Everyone at Nevermore had an early vacation due to the events that happened last year. Where there was a mass murderer running around, one of their teachers turned on them, had their principal killed, and summoned a racist pilgrim ghost. Understandably, the school closed its gates on the semester early so it could get itself sorted for the next year.

But Enid's break felt extra-long, possibly because of how much she had to spend with her family. Not that she didn't love her family, but they could really get under her fur at times. It didn't help much that all her friends were busy that winter.

She tried seeing if she could visit Yoko, one of Enid's closest friends who happened to be a vampire. Sadly, she was spending her break with family. It was a pilgrimage to the birthlands of her people. Enid was interested to hear the details of their trip but became squeamish when she realized one location involved people being pierced through with spikes.

The only person she was able to visit was her boyfriend, Ajax, a gorgon. Which would've been nice if not for her mother's judgmental attitude the whole time. Plus, she really wanted to spend some girl time with her other friends.