17

First of all I would like to thank you for 1k reads, I am so great full.

*Please vote and comments*

I walked out of my tent with Lucy and Susan behind me as we heard some noises coming from outside.

We saw my father walk out of his tent and into the woods, so we decided to follow him.

We were following closely behind him and his behind a tree so he couldn't see us.

"Shouldn't you 3 be in bed?" Dad asked.

This shocked us.

How did he know that we were behind him?

We came out from behind the tree and walked over to him.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy justified.

"Please Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked.

"I would be glad of the company for a while." Dad said. "Thank you."

We continued walking with him for a while until he stopped.

"It is time. From here I must go on alone." He said looking back at us.

"But dad.." I tried to change his mind but he interrupted me.

"You have to trust me. This must be done." He reasoned. "Thank you Susan. Thank you Lucy. Thank you my daughter. And fair well."

He walked away, but still we went to the stone table and saw dad walking past all of the supporters on the White Witch.

She stood with a knife in her hand on the table.

"Behold the great lion." She said making her followers laugh.

A Minotaur knocked dad over making Lucy and I gasp.

"Why doesn't he fight back?" Lucy asked, tears in her eyes.

That when it dawned on me, he took Edmund's place.

A life for a life.

"Bind him." The Witch commanded.

They started tying him up when she spoke again. "Wait!" She yelled. "Let him first be shaved."

I was shocked.

Lion's take pride in their manes.

I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Bring him to me." The Witch commanded.

They dragged dad onto the table.

She commanded them to quiet down and then they started banging their sticks and torches on the ground.

The Witch bent down to dad.

"Now Aslan, I am a little disappointed in you. Did you honestly think by all this that you could save the human traitor?" She asked, making Susan, Lucy and I look at each other with fear in I our eyes.

"You are giving me your life and saving no one." She chuckled. "So much for live."

She stood up. "Tonight, The Deep Magic will be appeased. But tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever!" She yelled.

"In that knowledge, the spare..." she started, then held the knife above her head. "And die." She yelled, plunging the sword into dad.

I saw dad's eyes close.

Lucy and Susan pulled me into a big hug and we all cried.

"The great cat, is dead!" The Witch yelled. "General, prepare your soldiers for battle. No matter how short it may be."

The Queen and her followers then left, and Susan, Lucy and I went over to dad.

Lucy got out her cordial and started unscrewing the lid. "It's too late." Susan said. "He's gone."

"He must have known what he was doing." I said.

We all hugged him crying loudly.

Suddenly, we heard noises and looked down to see mice.

"Get away. Get away all of you." Susan yelled.

"No, look." Lucy said, pointing to the ropes and we noticed that they were getting the ropes off.

"We have to tell the others." Susan said.

"We can't just leave him." Lucy exclaimed.

"Lucy, there's no time. They need to know." I explained.

Lucy looked around and then back at us. "The trees."

I still can't believe it. The Witch killed dad. I just found him and now I've lost him again.

I want to kill her.

*638 words*