Ghost Town

A/N: This will be the last Scooby-Doo book I ever make. Please do not request or ask that I make another one for any of my shippings from this franchise or ask for a different character from another movie because I will say no. I have over 20 books for this franchise and I am burnt out on it. I will not do anymore for this franchise.

"Would you guys mind keeping it down? We're trying to get some sleep back here." Velma says as the group gets woken up by Shaggy and Scooby-Doo playing loud rock music in the van.

"Like we were gonna wake you up anyway Velma. There's a town coming up and we need to stop for some chow." Shaggy says.

"Right!" Scooby-Doo says.

"You're hungry again?" Alexis asks as she yawns.

"But we just had dinner two hours ago." Fred says.

"Yeah but all this driving is making me hungry. Besides that's like 14 hours in dog time." Shaggy says.

"Yeah!" Scooby-Doo says as he inhales to reveal his ribs to exaggerate Shaggy's point.

"This dust storm's really picking up." Daphne says as the group sees the storm is getting worse outside.

"Like I can't see a thing!" Shaggy says as he is driving before the road gets highly bumpy and hear a strange noise followed by a bunch of strong lights before the van crashes into a cactus.

"Is everyone all right?" Fred asks as the group nods.

"What was that thing? It was certainly loud enough." Alexis says.

"I don't know but it sure was big." Shaggy says.

"Was it some kind of jet?" Daphne asks.

"Not like any jet I've ever seen. Did you see how fast it was?" Fred asks.

"Looks like the radiator's finished." Velma says as she opens the car's hood to reveal a steaming radiator.

"Now what?" Shaggy asks.

"That looks like a town. Can't be more than a mile away." Fred says as the group sees lights in the distance.

"You want us to walk across the desert at night?" Shaggy asks worriedly.

"Guys come on. It's not that bad. It's just a little walk." Alexis says as she shifts to wolf form while looking at Shaggy.

"But there's snakes and stuff out there!" Shaggy says fearfully.

"Yeah! Rattlesnakes." Scooby-Doo says as he acts like a snake.

"I got an idea! How about if Scoob and I stay to guard the Mystery Machine?" Shaggy asks as he and Scooby-Doo smile.

"Yeah! Right!" Scooby-Doo says.

"That's a very brave thing to do Scooby. Thank you." Velma says as she, Alexis, Daphne and Fred begin to walk away.

"Stay safe you guys. We won't be long." Alexis says.

"We'll be back with some help." Fred says.

"And bring back some food too!" Shaggy shouts as the group leaves him and Scooby-Doo.

*Timeskip*

"Now what?" Alexis asks as the group is at a diner and see Shaggy and Scooby-Doo come running into the diner fearfully.

"Aliens are after us!" Shaggy says fearfully.

"Yeah! Aliens!" Scooby-Doo says.

"Aliens? I don't see anything." Fred says as he looks around outside.

"It's true! They were green... and slimy and had big bug eyes! They were eight feet tall and glowing... and had long creepy fingers... Are those glazed?" Shaggy asks as Scooby-Doo acts out what he is saying before the two see donuts and begin eating the donuts.

"Never fails with you two when it comes to food." Alexis says as she shakes her head at Scooby-Doo and Shaggy.

"So what about these aliens?" Fred asks.

"No big deal darlin'. Lots of people have seen them." A woman says behind the counter.

"Jinkies!" Velma says.

"Really?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Yeah that's why we all don't go out much after dark." The woman says.

"Have you seen them too?" Alexis asks.

"No. Just the strange lights and the funny sounds at night. But he was taken aboard." The woman says as she points to a man eating soup.

"I told you they're real! Them aliens are here to take over the world!" The man shouts.

"That there's Lester. He's a little tetched." The woman says.

"Lester I told you to keep it down or you'll have to leave! He thinks they experimented on him." The cook says as he comes over to the group.

"Experimented? What do you mean?" Alexis asks.

"About a month ago some local cattle vanished overnight without a trace." The cook says.

"Yeah. A lot of folks moved out of town." The woman says.

"Excuse me but we understand that you've had some contact with aliens." Velma says as the group goes over to Lester.

"That's right young lady. Took me aboard their ship they did!" Lester says.

"Really?" Daphne asks curiously as the group looks at Lester in surprise.

"Sit 'er down. The aliens look just like your friends said. I was out one night... by Scorpion Ridge. There was this loud humming sound. And a bright light came up from behind me. And the light got brighter! And brighter! Then I blacked out. I woke up strapped to a cold metal table inside a spaceship. These aliens were looking down at me. They stuck a bunch of wires to my head. They told me not to worry 'cause they just wanted to ask me... some questions." Lester says.

"Wow." Alexis says.

"What kind of questions?" Velma asks curiously.

"Like who I was and what I'd seen that night but then..." Lester says.

"And then what?" Fred asks.

"I don't remember much after that. I woke up the next morning outside my house." Lester says.

"That's not creepy at all." Alexis says.

"Has anyone else in town had this experience?" Fred asks.

"Don't know. If they had they ain't tellin'." Lester says.

"That's creepy." Daphne says as Alexis nods.

"So you young ones better watch out... or they'll take you aboard their spaceship too." Lester says as he knocks a plate of food from the woman's hands.

"Lester!" The woman says angrily.

"Sorry Dottie. It was an accident." Lester says.

"What a mess." Dottie says angrily.

"Don't worry. Scooby will take care of it. He's basically a vacuum when it comes to food." Alexis says as Scooby-Doo goes to eat the food only for Shaggy to beat him to it.

"Gotta be quicker on the draw there Scooby." Velma says.

"Serge I finally met someone who likes your cooking." Dottie says.

"Very funny." Serge says.

"So Lester do you have any proof that you were abducted?" Fred asks.

"Yes. I got pictures." Lester says.

"Pictures?" Alexis asks.

"Could we see them?" Velma asks.