Princess to be

Chapter 1

The billowing water, Strong winds, and the crash of the waves. Our first venture out to sea, all to meet this mysterious prince, was turning out to be absolutely dreadful. The rickety old ship looked as if it will fall apart if they had loaded one more thing on to it. Our captain was becoming angrier with his crew by the second. They are full of exasperation......who knows why now. The reason I'm on this stinking ship in the first place is because, like every other girl of age that lives in my village must go leave our village and meet a prince. He's to be wed within two years. Our village was chosen as the home of the newest princess. As if we knew the first thing on how to become a princess. So unlike all the other villages filled with nobles we are being sent to the royal kingdom it's self to train and learn how to be a princess. I could tell the other sixteen girls have been contemplating very hard whether or not these green sea sick faces were worth meeting a prince. But I knew as well as anyone that after one of us is chosen the to-be princess will be gloating and the meaning of the word humble would be soon forgotten. As the dreadful day came to an end is girls gathered together and took turns telling stories of bandits with nasty scowls that held you for ransom. When the stories ended we bid each other goodnight. I went to bed thinking of how in one week's time we will be in the kingdom of Stoneshield.