Shadow x Human! Reader

-🦔-

Requested by @A-Pastel-Unicorn

( This is a female reader btw ) :D

Note : (B/f/n) - Best friend name 

-🦔-

"Bye sweetheart, I'm headed to work now." Your mother placed a kiss on top of your forehead before leaving the house for work. "Bye mo-" the door shuts. 

Your mother is a very busy person. She would have the littlest amount of time to spend time with you. That's why you had to learn how take of yourself. You were a teen who adores stuffed animals and plushies. They help you comfort yourself and they are extremely fluffy. 

Everyday when you feel down or your classmate says means things about you for having stuffed animals at your kind of age, you would always lay down on your comfy bed hugging your soft fluffy plushies. You would also sometimes, play tea time with them. Yknow, because you lack that in your childhood? Not being able to spend time with your own mother.

Or just roleplay with them. You also had a best friend. She would sometime come over to your house to spend time with you. She also adores stuffed animals specially cats. She would name all of the stuffed cats you had in your room.

Like that one time while you two were having a tea party, one of the stuffed cat fell of the chair. "Oh no! Mrs Jennifur Clawrins fell!" B/f/n pretended to be shocked. She picked Mrs Jennifur and place her back on the chair. You giggled at her goofy behaviour. 

Or that one time where you two where roleplaying as super heroes. Your best friend stood in front of you and pointed a gun to a cat with black mask. "Drop the act Dr. Pussycat!" She shouted. The stuffed cat just flops down to the side which made both of you laughed out loud.

One day, at school. You entered the class like normal, learning the subjects and you passed the pop quiz like it was nothing. You were pretty popular at school, because of your fame and smart brain. Many students also juniors ask you to help them with their homework. You also get praise by the teacher quite often. ( Y/n moment, am I right? 🥺 )

After school, while you were walking back home with your best friend, you felt something or someone following you. You turned back to see nothing but an empty hallway. You told b/f/n about your unsettling feeling. She just reassures you that its probably your imagination or your just feeling sick. You nodded and shrug the feeling off.

-🦔-

Back at home, the unsettling feeling became more stronger. You could have sworn you saw something was moving inside the bush nearby your house. You still try to shook it off and walked to the kitchen. You saw a note from your mother hanging on the fridge saying she'll be back home a little late. You sighed to yourself as you read the note. 

You open the cupboard to grab some snack for you to eat while finishing your homework. You walk upstairs to your bedroom, sat on a chair and flip open the exercise book and started writing. You could feel like someone was watching you, you felt really uncomfortable so you decided to text b/f/n. 

You hoped that maybe if you talk to her it would make you feel a lot safer. After a few minutes, you heard footsteps coming from downstairs to upstairs. The sound came into your room. You felt someone's presence at your back. You hesitated to look back but when you did, you saw a..

Black, red strips on the back hedgehog. 

You were frightened. You jumped off your chair and start screaming. You rapidly started throwing your stuffed animals and pushie thinking it would protect you. The black hedgehog just simply dodges it. At your last throw, you threw a stuffed giraffe at him which he grab on to it and threw it aside. 

He then approaches to you and you face turns pale as you were about to pass out until the hedgehog catches you and tries to calm you down. "Quiet down." He whispers. As you calm yourself down, he started introducing himself. He took a few steps back before speaking. You still were scared and didn't wish for a talking hedgehog to come to life!? 

"My name is Shadow. Also known as the Ultimate Lifeform. I have found myself on this planet you call.. Earth. While my journey continues, I came across you." He pointed at which make you shrunk away. 

You look around for anything to throw again. "What do you want from me?!" You yelled, still terrified. Shadow's expression softens and he kneeled down. "From the looks of it, it looks like you meed protection and.. company." Shadow softly spoke. He yet still sees the same confused plus scared face. 

He then makes a deal with you. "Here, I'll tell you what. I'll become your protector and accompany you at all time. Make sure no one lays even a finger on you when I 'm around." He emphasize the word ' I'm ' when he points at himself.

You then started getting a little confused. You crawled up closer to him and asked : "Are you.. A guardian angel?" You eyes sparkles. Shadow was caught off guard by your question. He hesitated  before agreeing to your question. 

The next day, you find yourself being followed by him wherever you go. Even inside the house. Expect the bathroom of course. Everytime you ask him if you could use the restroom, he would simply nod and wait outside. 

He would disappear away if your mom, your best friend or anyone who comes near you. But you know he's probably hiding somewhere. You do get a bit uncomfortable when he does that but not long after, you two become friends. 

-🦔-

One time, you ask Shadow to join your tea party. He said he refuses to play such a childish party but after a while looking at you talk with the stuff animals, he joins in after all. You sometimes would even dress him up as a pretty princess wearing pink dresses and a crown. 

Or when your struggling to answer a question, Shadow appears and teaches you how to solve the problems. Sometimes you two would get confused too and he would get angry and say something like 'What kind Maniac gives work to humans like this?' while holding the book and looking disgusted.

He would also be protecting you whenever your in trouble. You once were going out with your friend when suddenly they forgot their wallet at home so they ask you to wait while they go fetch it. You felt eyes around you even when you were alone. It wasn't Shadow who was making you uncomfortable, it was someone else.

You were getting worried since it already past 10 minutes and your friend hasn't returned yet. You heard footsteps behind you and you thought it was your friend but instead it was a tall skinny man with a napkin on his hand. You screamed and Shadow appeared in front of you.

He kicks down the bad guy and would check if you're alright. He would wipe your tears away and bring you to a safe place far away from where danger was nearby. Don't worry, your friend found you and went out together. 

( 1126 words )

-🦔-