Chapter 10- Threat Time

Despite my injuries, I showed up at school the next day. It didn't seem like Karma or Asano told anyone. So, when people asked where I got my injuries, I told them that I was bored and slid down the mountain, lost my footing, landed on wild beast that I ended up wrestling with it for an hour before going home. Everyone understood that as, "don't ask." Well, everyone except Koro-sensei who lectured me on the dangers of mountain sliding.

For now, I can't use my right arm, meaning that I can't do P.E. (Sorry Karasuma-sensei.) Well anyway, the next rounds of the contest took place at the main building's gym. Nagisa, Kayano, Okajima, Chiba, and Hayami were going to carrying out an assassination attempt. Koro-sensei planned to observe behind some sports equipment or from the ceiling.

Before we went into the gym, Karma called out, "Katsumi." I turned around with a distasteful look.

"It's Katsuno, right now." He approached me so casually, that I didn't realize he was too close, until my heart started to flutter.

"This," he said, while wrapping a black tie around my neck. It was the one that I tied around his hands yesterday. His fingers gently pushed my hair back.

"Do you even know how to tie a tie?" I asked while blushing. He gave me a wry smile and started tying it. The presence of his face near mine subdued my thoughts. Not knowing where his eyes were focused on caused my whole body to tense.

"Are you nervous?" Karma asked, finishing the knot. A crimson fire of embarrassment rose to my face.

"N-N-No!" I said, flustered. He pulled the tie closer to himself, with a pleasant smile. "A bit," I whispered honestly. A satisfied sigh was released from his lips, before they were gently placed against my cheek.

Karma receded back and had an innocent smile on his face. "Let's go in," he said. A walked in a bit later, trying to regain my composure. Unable to do so, I rubbed my temple with two fingers. The whole point of this contest was to get Karma to give up. I sighed in defeat. Well, since that's not going to happen, the only thing left to do is... Figure out what Asano's goal is.

"So? What's the 5th round going to be?" Karma asked lightly.

"Well... Honestly I'm getting kind of bored of this," I answered.

"She's bored already?!" everyone thought.

I thought about it for a moment and remembered what Karma told me. Stop being stubborn and consider it for once. "Round 5, make my heart flutter."

"What?" Asano and Karma asked at the same time.

I want to make sure of something. "You can use any method you want except direct contact. The time limit is one minute. The one who can make my heart beat the fastest wins," I explained. Would I actually be able to date properly? Am I able to be a proper girlfriend? Just the thought of it, makes me uneasy. Koro-sensei heard what I said and quickly brought a heart monitor. He had Hayami and Kayano bring it over, and I gave them a quick thanks. After I got set up, it showed on the screen that my current heart was 86. Karma decided to go first.

"Then..." Karma said in a playful tone. His gold eyes were observing me, trying to find an opening. "Wanna go out?" The number on the screen rose to 98.

"N-no," I refused, trying to keep a straight face.

"Heh~? Why?" he asked. I wasn't sure if he was pretending to be disappointed or not. "Aren't we dating?" My heartbeat dropped to a 77, surprising everyone.

"No, what makes you think that?" I asked, totally serious. Karma's eyebrows knitted.

"Huh? Didn't you say you were going to consider?" he asked. The numbers gradually started to raise again. 80.