Chapter IX

-Ayme-

I had broken the pearl by throwing it on the ground, and in front of us started a message to appear. It felt slightly different from an Iris Message, for it was what the message was showing us. Behind a desk was a tall man sitting with dark blue hair and clothes as black as the night. He looked up, a bit confused, when he noticed something was looking at him.

"Ayme Jackson," the man stated.

"Lord Chaos," I answered, getting down on my knees, motioning for the rest to do the same. Reluctantly Ann followed, and I watched the others in the room doing the same. Only Archimeda was left standing upright, and by the look in her eyes she wasn't willing to submit soon.

"I see you haven't changed over the years Valentina,' Chaos said, looking at her.

Archimeda scowled. "You should know by now that I don't bow down to anyone, Chaos. It has been clear since the day we met, so stop complaining about it and get to business."

Chaos smiled at her, before turning his attention to Ayme.

"The last time I saw you was ten years ago, Ayme, and I don't think you would have used one of Evalyn's precious pears hadn't it been for a good reason."

I took a breath. "I need your help getting into Ends Realm."

Chaos was left stunned and stayed silent for a moment. "And why is that?" He asked.

"Archimeda believes we can find the antidote we need for the poison in Ends Realm."

"What poison are you talking about?" Chaos said frowning.

I was starting to lose patience with this guy. Didn't he know my father's life was at risk?

"My father is dying Chaos. I need a way to get there and you're the only one that can probably help us."

Chaos put the files he had been working somewhere behind him and stood up.

"You're telling me your father let you go on a quest to save him?"

"Yes!" I said, frustrated.

Chaos turned around motioning something with his hand. "Give me a minute to talk to your father, Ayme. I will be back for you."

With that Chaos walked out of the Message, not being visible on the screen anymore.

"What? No! Come back! I'm not done talking to you!" I yelled, knowing it was of no use.

Whatever respect I had left when I met him in the Primordial war, I had thrown it out of the window in seconds.

"Gods!" I exclaimed, turning around to try to find a way to get the anger out of my system.

"Oh Hell no!" Archimeda set, holding her hands up. "It's fine by me if you're angry, but there's no way in Hell that I'll let you get it out in my place. There're projects standing here that have taken years of my attention, and I don't intend to let it be destroyed by a pissed of girl who really needs to blow of some steam."

I grabbed my head with both hands, groaning. Why had this to be so hard! I wanted to grab a baseball stick and destroy every piece of material in this room, but Archimeda stopped me from doing so. I rubbed my eyes, not knowing what else to do, when a soft voice caught my attention.

"I understand your reasoning Percy, but are you even aware of the risks?"

I turned around, watching the Iris Message intently, but I didn't see Chaos anywhere close. What risks were they talking about? If it was about the dangers we would encounter on this trip, I didn't need any advice. The encounter with the Cyclops was one that was proof enough.