☾hapter 14

☾☆♡

☾☆♡

I wanted the void to swallow me into the pits of the abyss and never to be seen again.

It now felt claustrophobic to be inside his car. The temperature had suddenly increased beyond the burning point of hell because of shame. Jonny's confusion looked like he was constipated. It was one of the infinite pages of my book of why-i-need-to-stop-being-cringe that would never get the prospect to be published. It was that hurtful to look at.

Before he could say anything, I laughed, albeit rather hysterically, through the pain. "That was too forward of me. Nevermind I said anything. Jeez."

I fed him a potato wedge so he could close his mouth from the shock. "Chew your food."

"Damn. When did you get all this spunk? You're not this kind of drunk." Jonny stated, grinning.

"Are you making fun of me right now?" Before he could answer, I smacked his arm a little too hard. He deserved it, though.

Jonny laughed, nursing his arm from my attack. "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry."

"You better be," I threatened.

A comfortable silence fell. We continued to eat while we watched a few drunk people stumbling out of the restaurant. Other than that, the area was pretty empty to do more people watching.

"You know..." Jonny started after he cleared his throat. "... I wouldn't mind doing it again."

I exactly knew what he meant. The moment had already passed, though. It was another poor decision I was going to regret in the morning. The grease from my food had finally given me clarity.

"Good to know... we're consenting." I told him as I sipped more of my soda, avoiding his gaze. Internally cringing as I regretted repeating those words he had said to me.

He didn't elaborate further or made a move as he probably felt the moment was also gone. We were tethering a dangerous conversation. And I didn't want to confess my feelings this way. The friendship I had with him was more important.

"I should drive you back." He offered, starting his truck, and we headed home.

It was a silent ride back, as I was getting sleepy. He told me it was okay to sleep while he drove. My eyes drooped and thanked him.

I felt his touch on my cheek as he tried to wake me. "We're here."

Squinting my eyes open, I saw we were already in front of my dorm building and groaned at the fact I had to walk up the stairs.

Jonny had to suppress a laugh. "You want me to carry you up?"

"No, thanks. I got it." I opened the door to his truck and slid down. My legs were still wobbly, but I could make it on my own. "Thanks for today." I unabashedly aired him a kiss and said my good night.