Adrianne: Chapter seven - ashes of truth

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------------------  CLICK THE ORANGE BUTTON                                                

                                        Here's the truth about the truth.... it hurts so we lie.

I really need a drink... No, Screw that  I seriously need a bloody drink...  maybe I could sneak off when Adrianne's asleep. the town is just 5 miles away anyway... or maybe I could just drown myself so that I could be spared the brutal torture. Eliot was battling with himself inside his head.  The fire crackled  and danced and Eliot watched it absentmindedly while  whittling a piece of wood.  He was in trouble, he was in heat  and he couldn't do anything about it. he sighed... the unexpected trip down the river didn't help much either.

I should have let the Mhogul assasins  castrate me when they had the chance. he thought grimly.  He looked over at Adrianne she was sipping her tea as she gazed into the fire, Eliot  noted how the fire was reflected in her eyes which were crinkled in concentration. He cursed himself for wanting to have ignited that fire himself. Adrianne's lips puckered, the way it always did when she was thinking hard...   Eliot was always nervous when adriane thought like that, he fears that one day she will discover something that would shatter the most precious thing he had....

He wrench his eyes away from Adrianne, he shifted his concentration towards the wood he was whittling, he let out a low feral growl of exasperation.. when he saw that he was whittling a small figurine of Adrianne. Damn it! I really need a drink!!!

I really wanted a drink right now! Why oh why did I slept the day away? I could have been in the Huntress Lodge right now enjoying a nice cold apple frosted gingered ale spiced with raspbery rum.   She sighed. this lemongrass tea is not helping... My mind is driving me crazy,  it would have been easier to telll him if they both were wasted to the point of drunken stupor.  It will atleast make her comfortable enough to tell him...  maybe I could sneak away later..? she puckered her lips. but Eliot would sense me right away. damn it! She looked over at Eliot who was absentmindedly whittling...

The clearing was quite, Adrianne stared at the night sky, the stars were twinkling over a clear dark velvet canvass.She sighed... She looked at Eliot; he looks easy enough to talk to right now. Which was a surprise because Eliot always had the scowl in his face that says BITE ME!  She decided to break the comfortable silence. Eliot? Adrianne asked.  That was fun wasn't it? She smirked at him.  Eliot looked at her, cocking his head, finally he sad, Yes.. it was.

They were quiet for a few seconds, You certainly improved. Eliot said to her pointing his whittling knife in her direction. Adrianne smiled, thanks! I had a great teacher. she said teasingly, and he had a great student, Eliot said smiling slyly... with the worst attitude of course! Adrianne flung a rock at him which he caught between his fingers. 

Ask him.... A voice in her head nagged at her, Ask him NOW!!!! 

 Adrianne looked at Eliot, Do you remember when I asked you to become my teacher? she asked quietly holding her breath. FUCK! DAMN IT!  WHERE'S A DRINK WHEN YOU NEEDED ONE!!! Eliot thought viciously. he was silent for a while until he finally relented. Yes. he said How could I ever forget?  Eliot thought savagely. the memories flash before his eyes...  the night similar like that one. the night that their lives changed forever...

Adrianne looked at him, yeah I know what you mean, I still can't believe that you were the panther that saved me from the Chimera... She laughed. Yeah, I can't believe it too.... Eliot said through gritted teeth.