Adrianne: Chapter six - A night around a camp fire

PLEASE VOTE!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------------------------------------------

Adrianne woke up with a start. She sat bolt upright frantically looking around her.

She relaxed slightly when she realized she was not inside the temple anymore.

Heaving a relieved sigh she leaned back against the tall oak tree she was sheltered in.

She frowned, she had no idea how she got there. She looked up into the sky,

It was burning orange dulled with streaks of purple; The sun was setting.

Adrianne could hear the bell towers ringing announcing that the time for farm work was over.

She smiled thinking of the fox farmers returning to their homes.

Home

A word she haven’t used in a while. Strangely she rarely missed it, 

Except when the past seeps in

Flinging her to her old world, To her rightful time

Towards home

 She raked her right hand through her hair, Feeling the soft strands slide against her fingers

Suddenly a movement caught her eyes. She sat still allowing her fingers to continue the motion of stroking her hair While her other hand reach towards her back pocket, At the same time that her right hand reached the full length of her hair

Her other hand had unsheathed her throwing knife and had flung it towards the direction of the shadow. It cursed when the knife landed a good 2 inches away from him and was impelled to the hilt on the tree trunk.

She smiled wickedly.

Damn it! Adrianne! You almost caught my fingers!!! Eliot stomped furiously carrying a bundle of fire wood.

 It’s your fault! You know better than to lurk behind the shadows, When I’m at throwing distance. Adrianne said dismissively, stifling a yawn. Besides I KNEW it was YOU anyway. No one is as good as lurking than you...It took me a full minute to register your presence.

She smiled pleasantly.

So you decided to chuck a 12 inch razor sharp throwing knife at ME!!! 

Eliot said incredulously

She shrugged.

I swear Adrianne; I made a mistake teaching you how to use that knife. You’re much more paranoid than I am. Eliot walked towards the clearing. 

Dumping the fire woods with an unceremonious

THUD!

On the forest floor.

Would you relax Eliot! Adrianne said standing up and stretching her arms. Your fingers are still intact aren't they? Scrutinizing his fingers with her eyes. Besides I told you you’re the best lurker out there I couldn't take a direct aim at you. So I had no choice but to hit that tree. She pointed her lips at the knife's direction which  was resolutely stuck to the elm tree. Besides I'm just taking extra precaution. Who knows a necromancer might have killed you and used your body to attack me. 

Eliot raised his eyebrows, shrugging his head in disbelief. Correction you’re much more paranoid than I ever was... Eliot said squatting down and lighting the fire woods